Australian ROSS DUNKLEY (Former Owner of Phnom Penh Post) Arrested in Drug Bust in Myanmar with Meth

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Australian ROSS DUNKLEY (Former Owner of Phnom Penh Post) Arrested in Drug Bust in Myanmar with Meth

Post by that genius »

I wonder which perfect specimen some people must be to judge on aspects of education, income, sexual preference, politics?

My guess is supremely insecure, poorly educated, and closet-type.
Stramash23
Expatriate

Re: Australian ROSS DUNKLEY (Former Owner of Phnom Penh Post) Arrested in Drug Bust in Myanmar with Meth

Post by Stramash23 »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 pm I wonder which perfect specimen some people must be to judge on aspects of education, income, sexual preference, politics?

If Bron is such a drug hater, he must have the worst music collection on the planet

damn those junkies who have entertained us over the last 5 decades (and more)
Too weird to live, too rare to die
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Stramash23 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 pm
dron wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 pm I think junkies are fucking junkies, and only a sick degenerate and decadent society would heap praise on a low life drug addict scum bag.

Your level of abject ignorance is of epic levels

But humour me, names some people you would heap praise on...
Thomas Paine
Benjamin Franklin
Abraham Lincoln
Henry David Thoreau
Mark Twain
Harriet Tubman
Thomas Jefferson
John Brown
Thomas Edison
Albert Einstein
Jonas Salk
Leo Tolstoy
Ernest Hemingway
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Maximilien Robespierre
Louis Auguste Blanqui
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Stramash23 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:07 pm
that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 pm I wonder which perfect specimen some people must be to judge on aspects of education, income, sexual preference, politics?

If Bron is such a drug hater, he must have the worst music collection on the planet

damn those junkies who have entertained us over the last 5 decades (and more)
The last 5 decades of decadence, with a music that reflects the collapse of Western civilization.

I listen to:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Muzio Clementi
Johann Christian Bach
Gioachino Rossini
Carl Maria von Weber
Ivan Dzerzhinsky
Nikolai Miaskovsky
Aram Khachaturian
Sinn Sisamouth

How about you?
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Is dron short for one if those wonderful new-age, African- American names?
Like Delron or something?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

What length of prison time will that attract in Myanmar?
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Artful Dodger wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm What length of prison time will that attract in Myanmar?
Life or death
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

fax wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:28 pm
Artful Dodger wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm What length of prison time will that attract in Myanmar?
Life or death
I tried to find an answer on Google and all I could see was that Myanmar still has death penalty, but could not see what crimes attracted that. Also read that their last execution carried out was late 1980's.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Artful Dodger wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:32 pm I tried to find an answer on Google and all I could see was that Myanmar still has death penalty, but could not see what crimes attracted that. Also read that their last execution carried out was late 1980's.
Major Thein Win told The Irrawaddy the Australian faces several charges under the Narcotics Act, that are punishable by life in prison or the death penalty. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-08/a ... tion=world
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

"Maj Thein Win said police had opened a case against Dunkley under the Sections 19 (a), 20 (a) and 21 (a) of the Anti-Narcotics Law. The multiple charges are punishable by an unlimited jail term or the death penalty."

The arrest of Dunkley caused a stir among local netizens, coming as anti-narcotics police hunt suspects linked to a record drug bust in Malaysia’s Port Kelang last month and a day after they arrested one of the chief suspects, Haj Yassin, aka Maung Maung, in Mandalay Division. Netizens were speculating whether the Dunkley case was somehow linked with the Malaysian drug haul, as Haj Yassin was believed to have links with foreign drug groups.

Maj Thein Win denied there was any connection, saying: “This case has nothing to do with Maung Maung. In fact, he [Dunkley] is a drug user rather than a drug dealer.”
https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/myanmar- ... izure.html
whatever happens, he is in deep shit. I have seen a few Burmese jails, makes Dilli Bizaar in Kathmandu look like a fed prison in the states..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic