Anyone ever actually take a Khmer girl to the US?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Anyone ever actually take a Khmer girl to the US?

Post by phuketrichard »

willyhilly wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:17 am There is some culture shock with taking a hot Khmer to the west. Up here in the provinces the locals are red necks. We walked the kids from the car into school the other day and copped it from an older bloke in a ute. As we were getting in the car he yelled from across the road, "how much did you pay for that". On another occasion at the local club a middle aged couple at an adjoining table discussed loudly how offensive it was to see an old bloke with a hot Asian missus. Even the kids understood what was going on.
Older women especially just hate it.
this is a BIG plus for thailand, You never see this happen here..
Few times embarrassed my daughter when she was around 14,15 and we'd be traveling around Thailand and the waitress would ask what my wife would have...
when i traveled with my thai wife from ca thru the south to DC and back to Ca via Canada by our Vanagon, never once had anyone say anything bad to either of us...

I think its just in Camboida that it occurs cause as we all know thats where all the pedos go, ( at least thats what i read in the paper)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bob tailcat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Bob tailcat »

Thailand is better than the redneck parts of the west. gotcha.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

I'm tagging along as I'm very interested in this topic too. I'm in a worse scenario than OP.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

dron wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 pm New Zealand wouldn't be bad, but you have to stop in Australia, so again no.
There are routes/direct flights that don't stop in Australia.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

New Zealand wouldn't be bad, but you have to stop in Australia, so again no.
warrants?
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 am
New Zealand wouldn't be bad, but you have to stop in Australia, so again no.
warrants?
Doesn't a warrant double for a birth certificate in Australia?

I'm crime free, I would just rather swim in the shit river in Phnom Penh for a week than spend 3 seconds in that country.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:48 am
dron wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 am The only job she ever had was the one she worked for two months before she met me.
what bar did you meet her in?
:roll:
Sophie's
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Doesn't a warrant double for a birth certificate in Australia?
nah they dropped that requirement years ago
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

It’s amazing how many of the girls in bars have only been working there “a couple of months.”
Last edited by rozzieoz on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I tried to edit my post but quoted it instead, weird.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic