School Teacher dies in gas explosion at Don Bosco Technical School in Sihanoukville, 7 Injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: School Teacher dies in gas explosion at Don Bosco Technical School in Sihanoukville, 7 Injured

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bangkokhooker wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:37 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:15 pm This is the school i attended a few years ago when i was studying Khmer :sorry:
so you knew the teacher?
i think this particular teacher was a manager in the mechanics department

my teacher was one of the head teachers in the classroom department, ive dropped him a message earlier to see if i can find out anything
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: School Teacher dies in gas explosion at Don Bosco Technical School in Sihanoukville, 7 Injured

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Seng Sarat, aged 35, died on 7 June 2018, leaving behind a wife and two young children.

How sad. RIP.

For anyone who knew Mr Sarat, or who feels concerned:
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

well looks like a lightening strike hit a 15l gas bottle that exploded.

RIP

i actually met him a few times when I went to see a car for sale that was owned by an expat at Don Bosco.nice guy
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bangkokhooker wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 pm well looks like a lightening strike hit a 15l gas bottle that exploded.

RIP

i actually met him a few times when I went to see a car for sale that was owned by an expat at Don Bosco.nice guy
yeah all the staff and students i met there were all nice :)
RIP in deed, these unfortunate accidents are always sad
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
DrDisFunkShunAll
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrDisFunkShunAll »

Some of the most well-mannered students I've ever met were at Don Bosco's.

Great place to hire from, if you don't own Satan's Kitchen, haha.
Yes, the Doctor is IN — Doctor DisFunkShunAll!

:fool: :good: =@ :P
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Tragic.

He taught quite a few technicians I know.

They were all quite upset.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Welding? Like oxy-acetylene bottles? Damn, RIP.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

8 June 2018
Sihanoukville: Sihanoukville police now say that according to their investigation, the gas explosion at the Don Bosco Technical School on June 7, 2018, was caused by the leakage of gas pipes, and was not due to a lightning strike or other outside cause.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's very sad, Don Bosco have been doing a great job here. Organizations like this do a lot to help disadvantaged kids gain skills and better lives.

RIP Seng Sarath.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

‘Gas canisters’ caused blast at school in S’ville
13 June 2018

Preah Sihanouk province fire experts have confirmed that a blast at the Don Bosco Technical School was caused by a leak in two gas canisters that had been welded together.

Bou Sothy, the province’s deputy police chief in charge of fire, told The Post that upon inspecting the school after Thursday’s blast, officials found a 15kg canister connected to a 35kg canister that had been used with welding equipment.

“After careful inspection by our experts, the gas explosion was caused by the leakage of gas from one of the cylinders, not lightning,” he confirmed.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... ool-sville

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic