Sihanoukville Square closing in One month

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Sihanoukville Square closing in One month

Post by Cam Nivag »

Ah, never mind, I read the Glory Hole thread and saw that you closed the bar last week and just sold the bar on the last night to a Khmer lady for $25. Give her back her $5 deposit.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 pm
angkorjohn wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am
LaudJohn wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm
that genius wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:11 pm
LaudJohn wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 pm Just been told the above news.
Screws the sale of the Glory Hole.
Sure you didn't know before this?
What???

This just screwed a sale of an inconsequential asset of mine. If I had know and I had been the type of person you imply I would not have agreed to lease transfer next week , I would have pushed for the deal to settle straight away. As it stands we will be giving back a sizable amount or all, of the deposit as we cannot settle.

Please do not assume everyone in business here has the same scruples as you obviously do.
Come on LJ that genius doesn't have any business skills never mind scruples.

Sorry to hear of the situation down there. Crazy how quick things change.
I meant surely you were aware that bars etc. would be forced to move soon? Typo there some text left out, no aspersions on character, calm down. Who would seriously suggest you'd shoot yourself in the foot? Surely you realised it's odd and it has to be a typo?

It should read surely you knew this would happen...iow, everybody has been talking about the possibility of people suddenly losing stuff when leases etc. are cancelled...you can't honestly say that it was never a possibility...a whole bunch of people have been kicked out early and got nada

But no, you instantly resort to fanciful ad-hominem. Scruples? What? Please, be more specific...no need to your panties in a bunch
Really? There is an edit function you know?

A typo is usually missing a word or two.

Your explanation above of your comment

bears no resemblance to

I meant surely you were aware that bars etc. would be forced to move soon?

sorry sport, but your attempt to worm out of this one really is pathetic.

it was not an ad-hominem attack, but a response to your slur on my business character. Trying to turn my defense of your un-called for attack on myself into a cry of an ad-hominen attack is nearly as pathetic as saying your assult on my character was just a typo. Childish.

yeah, it could happen any time.

No I did not know beforehand, otherwise I would have not sold a lemon.

If the full amount had been paid on the day the deposit was paid it would have been bad luck, no refund.

Since we could not deliver what was agreed , due to the change in circumstance between deposit and contract, the deposit was refunded in full.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

So hopefully the chinese that took on some of the bars got a kick in the wallet as well :beer3:
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

LaudJohn wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 pm
Since we could not deliver what was agreed , due to the change in circumstance between deposit and contract, the deposit was refunded in full.
Is the landlord paying you a buyout payment for terminating the lease, and is that buyout payment greater than the agreed sale price of the bar?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

LaudJohn wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:53 pmReally? There is an edit function you know?

A typo is usually missing a word or two.

Your explanation above of your comment

bears no resemblance to

I meant surely you were aware that bars etc. would be forced to move soon?

sorry sport, but your attempt to worm out of this one really is pathetic.

Uh..doh..yes I'm aware of an edit function, just like you are aware of spelling/grammar.

So now LJ gets to dictate how people make mistakes when they type, when they view their posts, when they edit them....the narcissism takes on anew level

It doesn't mean you remember to use it 100% of the time. How many posts have I made... altogether? And you're getting your butt hurt because this ONE time I didn't use it, and it upset YOU, you think it was deliberate?

OK, genius, explain this:

HOW can something that you do, which damages YOU be interpreted as underhand?

Go on, we're waiting.

Even an idiot understands that underhand shirt is to the advantage of the underhand guy...but somehow, you think, in this situation, it isn't.

Either there is in fact some sneaky shit going down (but for the life of my, I don't see how financial suicide can benefit anyone) or you're reading shit into stuff that in't there.

Basic laws of economics vs John's paranoia: nah, paranoia must be true. LOL

I gave you my explanation. It's logical, it's true. I didn't have to do that, but I did.

Whether you accept it or not, I no longer give a flying fuck.

However, please tell us how a guy committing financial suicide can possibly be viewed as some kind of deliberate sneaky move.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^Take the better half of the week off, That Genius. Not everyone who isn't poor is unethical. You seem to be on a mission to start fights with anyone you can on CEO, which I'm sure is not appreciated by most of the community.

The insinuations you've made against John are completely uncalled for.

Come back with a better attitude or it will be a short lived return. Thanks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Last farewells. Goodbye the Square. Goodbye Glory Hole.
Carla Queen
Yesterday at 13:14
goodbye glory hole goodbye square tonight is my last night at square
Shared on Sihanoukville Forum page on July 1, 2018
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:21 pm I lost count a long time ago of how many people I've known or just read about who invested In Sihanoukville only to have the contract torn up and subsequently get evicted so the place can get bulldozed and the whole process can just start again, only with larger sums of money. It's been going on as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember when the governor built a huge mansion on a hill, only to lose his position and then have his property demolished?
Sorry to break the self centered GH talk but the aforementioned quite nice looking villa is still very much standing even if fast loosing it’s king of the hill title.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 am
Sorry to break the self centered GH talk but the aforementioned quite nice looking villa is still very much standing even if fast loosing it’s king of the hill title.
was offered 1million 5 years ago by the governor himself to take it off his hand :lol:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Are the Bar workers gonna relocate to Kampot?

One person thinks so.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic