Sihanoukville Square closing in One month

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Sihanoukville Square closing in One month

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

andy1 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 pm there is at least one that is getting a $2000 payout for cancelation of the leasse.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

To your good self.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

LaudJohn wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm
that genius wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:11 pm
LaudJohn wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 pm Just been told the above news.
Screws the sale of the Glory Hole.
Sure you didn't know before this?
What???

This just screwed a sale of an inconsequential asset of mine. If I had know and I had been the type of person you imply I would not have agreed to lease transfer next week , I would have pushed for the deal to settle straight away. As it stands we will be giving back a sizable amount or all, of the deposit as we cannot settle.

Please do not assume everyone in business here has the same scruples as you obviously do.
Come on LJ that genius doesn't have any business skills never mind scruples.

Sorry to hear of the situation down there. Crazy how quick things change.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

angkorjohn wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am
LaudJohn wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm
that genius wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:11 pm
Sure you didn't know before this?
What???

This just screwed a sale of an inconsequential asset of mine. If I had know and I had been the type of person you imply I would not have agreed to lease transfer next week , I would have pushed for the deal to settle straight away. As it stands we will be giving back a sizable amount or all, of the deposit as we cannot settle.

Please do not assume everyone in business here has the same scruples as you obviously do.
Come on LJ that genius doesn't have any business skills never mind scruples.

Sorry to hear of the situation down there. Crazy how quick things change.
I meant surely you were aware that bars etc. would be forced to move soon? Typo there some text left out, no aspersions on character, calm down. Who would seriously suggest you'd shoot yourself in the foot? Surely you realised it's odd and it has to be a typo?

It should read surely you knew this would happen...iow, everybody has been talking about the possibility of people suddenly losing stuff when leases etc. are cancelled...you can't honestly say that it was never a possibility...a whole bunch of people have been kicked out early and got nada

But no, you instantly resort to fanciful ad-hominem. Scruples? What? Please, be more specific...no need to your panties in a bunch
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

keep digging.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

LOL...explain how what happened could reflect badly on him...PLEASE. Oh yeah, he deliberately effed himself...I'm listening. I make typos sometimes, too.

Keep moving from place to place and hating it, LOL
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm I make typos sometimes, too.
Sometimes more than just typos.

"no need to your panties in a bunch"
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm LOL...explain how what happened could reflect badly on him...PLEASE. Oh yeah, he deliberately effed himself...I'm listening. I make typos sometimes, too.

Maybe you could get your Pakistani teacher friend to do the needful...
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

cptrelentless wrote:
that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm LOL...explain how what happened could reflect badly on him...PLEASE. Oh yeah, he deliberately effed himself...I'm listening. I make typos sometimes, too.

Maybe you could get your Pakistani teacher friend to do the needful...
Great idea! What time does he finish the Elementary level lesson at your place?
Last edited by that genius on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I'm new to all this. Can someone explain it to me. Is the Square like the GSM of Sihanoukville, a complex of bars with a master lease? And is Glory Hole in that square and is your landlord terminating your lease?

What's the department store referenced in the lease Jamie posted?

What was the closing date set for your sale? Do you think you are legally or contractually obligated to return the deposit or are you just being a good sport? Is this closing of the square not a risk the buyer took when entering into the deal? If he wishes to cancel, why not keep the deposit?

Let's say that, for example, instead of the closing of the square being announced yesterday, an announcement was made that "all leases at the square will be extended for twenty years at a rental cost of $1 per month"? Would you have been permitted to change your mind and terminate the sale agreement without consequence?

I obviously don't know all the details about the agreement here, but I'm not sure keeping the deposit is unwarranted or unethical. It's business.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic