2br furnished apartment next to Russian Market for rent

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

2br furnished apartment next to Russian Market for rent

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

2 bedroom, 2 bathroom furnished apartment with a/c, 3 blocks from Russian market for rent.
$300 per month, 1,000 Riel pet kilowatt for electricity, $5 per person per person for water.
SC and I are moving out as our lease is expiring and moving into a bigger place but we want to help our landlord find a tenant. It's a great apartment and a great location.
Let us know if you're interested and we'll send through some photos.
Using Tapatalk
Lili
Tourist

Re: 2br furnished apartment next to Russian Market for rent

Post by Lili »

Hello, we are searching for apartment from 1st of october, is there free internet? is it on a quiet or busy street?
could you send some photos pls,

Thank you
Lili
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Hi Lili, internet we get from Digi for $12 per month or there's an $18 option. The street is quiet, we over look sesame noodle bar which closes at 9.30. There's construction across the road but they have just moved to doing the interior, but it had never really been noisy. I'll pm you some photos.
Using Tapatalk
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Mrs S,

The correct rate for power is 820 riel per kilowatt and water at $5 per person is a rip. My water bill for 4 people was $6 last month and that includes my young son who loves to waste a lot of the stuff playing in the bathroom. I know it's not a lot of money but it is always good to know who is fleecing you.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

I understand your concerns JP, it's not me that sets the terms and conditions of the lease as it's not my property. I'm simply passing on what our current lease is. The new tenant is welcome to negotiate different terms with the owner/landlord.
Using Tapatalk
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Pretty standard for apartments to be charged at 1000r/kW from what I've seen. Our new place is billed direct rather than through the landlord and is 750r/kW. The difference works out to be small change though, as you say.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Yep.

I'd love to see what would happen in Oz if some landlord was charging Asian tenants a marked up price on electricity and water.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Joker, your not in freaking "Oz"
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Our last landlord in PP was a fellow Australian who charged us the same for water and electricity as we are charged here.
Using Tapatalk
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:Hi Lili, internet we get from Digi for $12 per month or there's an $18 option. The street is quiet, we over look sesame noodle bar which closes at 9.30. There's construction across the road but they have just moved to doing the interior, but it had never really been noisy. I'll pm you some photos.
Could you pm me some photos, please. Would appreciate a photo from the street, if you have it. Bit of a long shot but if I can get to PP next week, I will definitely look at your apartment, assuming it's still available. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic