Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

Post by pczz »

PP recruit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:13 pm All I wanted to do was to put the job out there for people to see. That is the point of this particular thread (Expat Classifieds- Help Wanted).

If someone is interested then they will message me and I will tell them the name and we can talk further. There is no point in me putting the name on the board. If you are interested then send a message!

I did this same job back home and didn't disclose the name of the company until I had spoken to the particular candidate privately.
There are so many bad schools to work for in Cambodia that people are understandably nervous. i certainly would not want to waste my time with half a dozen schools i could name who have a reputation for bad practice, including not providing any of the perks they claim to offer. To be honest pay rates in PP are now so crap I think most qualified teachers would rather work in China or Vietnam. Get paid more and abused less
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm
PP recruit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:13 pm All I wanted to do was to put the job out there for people to see. That is the point of this particular thread (Expat Classifieds- Help Wanted).

If someone is interested then they will message me and I will tell them the name and we can talk further. There is no point in me putting the name on the board. If you are interested then send a message!

I did this same job back home and didn't disclose the name of the company until I had spoken to the particular candidate privately.
There are so many bad schools to work for in Cambodia that people are understandably nervous. i certainly would not want to waste my time with half a dozen schools i could name who have a reputation for bad practice, including not providing any of the perks they claim to offer. To be honest pay rates in PP are now so crap I think most qualified teachers would rather work in China or Vietnam. Get paid more and abused less
There are a few top tier schools right?? but there are many reasons to want to live in Cambodia. The salary isn't one of them. Leads to a different question-- what's the reason people choose to live in PP? not for the money..
But agree its super frustrating when dealing w/ bullshit that goes with schools that aren't reputable
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

BklynBoy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm what's the reason men choose to live in PP? not for the money..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic