Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Jobs for Teachers in Phnom Penh

Post by Duncan »

PP recruit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 am
General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:46 pm
that genius wrote:
If the school has a decent reputation, they have nothing to fear, and any unfair publicity will be outweighed by favourable opinions.
Hmmmm, is "That Genius" your real name? If not, what are you hiding?

This is the most rediculous "logic" I've read this week. You seem to think the ratio of people who get online to sing praise is equal to the number of people who get online to complain when they have a bad experience.

I think this topic and SOME of its comments are all the examples of exactly why the school recruiter chooses to remain anonymous, lol.

Oh well, a good discussion nonetheless, and a win-win for them and anyone serious about looking for an English teaching position in Phnom Penh who decided to get in touch with them.

:beer2:
My post has been successful and I have some really good contacts now so it did work out being more positive than negative. Maybe I will pluck up the courage to post again one day!

Quote ] I am currently the Recruitment Manager for International Teachers at a large private international school in Phnom Penh.

Good to see that you got some results. But may I suggest next time keep the ''messenger '' and the '' message '' separate , so posters on here can shoot the message instead of you.

You ARE doing forum members a favor by posting jobs here so don't be discouraged and don't let this one experience put you off.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Indeed, and as I stated, Western International has a better reputation than many schools.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

What type of reputation does the Jay Pritzer Academy in SR?
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

No idea, sorry. You could search this and other forums or Google. I have heard of it, but nothing that rings a bell.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

PP recruit wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:08 am Hi,

I am sorry but it isn't me. I haven't had a run in with anyone. I am fairly new to this particular position. I don't have hostile opinions about white men (or any one for that matter). I am white and married to a white man.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Thanks.
Very happy to admit I'm wrong, in that case.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
catfdr
Tourist
Portugal

Post by catfdr »

PP recruit wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:33 am Hi,

I am currently the Recruitment Manager for International Teachers at a large private international school in Phnom Penh. We are looking for a number of new teachers to join our school as English language teachers. The school has massively grown in size over the past 15 years and there is an increased desire for English speaking teachers. The school is well managed and teachers receive a lot of support.

Salaries are competitive and depend on number of teaching hours, experience, qualifications. There is a full benefits package included (paid annual leave, paid sick days, work permit, accident and medical insurance).

We welcome CV’s from those who are already teaching in PP or those who are looking to move out here that have experience and/ or qualifications. There are also some temporary positions for English teachers who wish to work our Summer School for July and August (mornings only) which may lead to a more permanent role.

A Bachelors Degree and TEFL/ TESOL/CELTA are required unless you only have one of those and then some teaching experience would be expected. Ideally we are looking for native English speakers only.

I am happy to answer any questions via personal message and I can then let you know my email for sending your CV.

Thanks!!!

How can I contact you?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

catfdr wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:41 pm

I am currently the Recruitment Manager for International Teachers at a large private international school in Phnom Penh. We are looking for a number of new teachers to join our school as English language teachers. The school has massively grown in size over the past 15 years and there is an increased desire for English speaking teachers. The school is well managed and teachers receive a lot of support.

Salaries are competitive and depend on number of teaching hours, experience, qualifications. There is a full benefits package included (paid annual leave, paid sick days, work permit, accident and medical insurance).

We welcome CV’s from those who are already teaching in PP or those who are looking to move out here that have experience and/ or qualifications. There are also some temporary positions for English teachers who wish to work our Summer School for July and August (mornings only) which may lead to a more permanent role.

A Bachelors Degree and TEFL/ TESOL/CELTA are required unless you only have one of those and then some teaching experience would be expected. Ideally we are looking for native English speakers only.

I am happy to answer any questions via personal message and I can then let you know my email for sending your CV.

Thanks!!!

How can I contact you?
You're wasting your time. You just failed basic English comprehension. :facepalm:
catfdr
Tourist
Portugal

Post by catfdr »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Thanks!!!

How can I contact you?
You're wasting your time. You just failed basic English comprehension. :facepalm:
I can't contact her it says don't have enough interactions on the forum, was looking for an email. No need to be rude :wink:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

catfdr wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:50 pm

Thanks!!!

How can I contact you?

I can't contact her it says don't have enough interactions on the forum, was looking for an email. No need to be rude :wink:

The ad was from June. What is it you don't get about the fact that June was five months ago and it's highly likely that those positions have been filled already? [Mod edit: Only slightly though, jeez, I'm shocked we don't have new members flocking to CEO in great numbers every single day with welcoming messages like these.]
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Amberlsoule101
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Amberlsoule101 »

I am currently the Recruitment Manager for International Teachers at a large private international school in Phnom Penh. We are looking
John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:43 am
catfdr wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:50 pm

How can I contact you?

The ad was from June. What is it you don't get about the fact that June was five months ago and it's highly likely that those positions have been filled already? [Mod edit: Only slightly though, jeez, I'm shocked we don't have new members flocking to CEO in great numbers every single day with welcoming messages like these.]
:BangHead: for a number of new teachers to join our school as English language teachers. The school has massively grown in size over the past 15 years and there is an :oops: increased desire for English speaking teachers. The school is well managed and teachers receive a lot of support.

Thanks!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic