motor got damaged while parking

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 am

ExPenhMan wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm
I'm amazed your Ducati hasn't been stolen. Yet.

This \/ \/ \/

Arget wrote:
Like most things in Cambodia any possessions you have should be expendable as there are never any guarantees here of anything.
sure it won't be stolen :-) i am not in hochiminh bro
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 5812
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1062
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by Duncan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 am

sean lim wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 am
ExPenhMan wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm
I'm amazed your Ducati hasn't been stolen. Yet.

This \/ \/ \/

Arget wrote:
Like most things in Cambodia any possessions you have should be expendable as there are never any guarantees here of anything.
sure it won't be stolen :-) i am not in hochiminh bro
How many times have you been pulled over by the police ?

Also with a big bike like that, what is you top speed that you can achieve down street 5. ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 am

Duncan wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:58 am
sean lim wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 am
ExPenhMan wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm
I'm amazed your Ducati hasn't been stolen. Yet.

This \/ \/ \/

Arget wrote:
Like most things in Cambodia any possessions you have should be expendable as there are never any guarantees here of anything.
sure it won't be stolen :-) i am not in hochiminh bro
How many times have you been pulled over by the police ?

Also with a big bike like that, what is you top speed that you can achieve down street 5. ?
in this country super bike something like panigale.

Police never tried to pull over, even i just went thru wrong signal.

and my top speed around 300KM on road 4th

i don't speed in city its so crowded
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4301
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 854
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by hanno » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:35 am

sean lim wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 am
and my top speed around 300KM on road 4th
That's just insane.......
bvanfossen
Expatriate
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 am
Reputation: 48
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
United States of America

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by bvanfossen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am

Sry to hear about your Moto. And to other poster $5k of damage is easily done. That's just what the exhaust cost here in the USA for it.

OP, do you have Moto insurance?
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 8515
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1334
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by phuketrichard » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 pm

bvanfossen wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am
Sry to hear about your Moto. And to other poster $5k of damage is easily done. That's just what the exhaust cost here in the USA for it.

OP, do you have Moto insurance?
:please:
BS:::
why would the exhaust cost 1/3rd the price of a new bike?? :stir:
US prices;
2018 Ducati Panigale 959 Specifications
Model Type Sport
BASE MSRP(US) $15,395.00
http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/ducati/ ... e/959.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:14 pm
Reputation: 108
United States of America

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by bangkokhooker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm

pictures or it didnt happen
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:42 pm

bangkokhooker wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm
pictures or it didnt happen
i don't know how to upload picture on here but i can send you the picture by email if you want :-)
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:47 pm

bvanfossen wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am
Sry to hear about your Moto. And to other poster $5k of damage is easily done. That's just what the exhaust cost here in the USA for it.

OP, do you have Moto insurance?
full exhaust for ducati yeah it might cost 5k-6k :-D

and just for the slip on cost over 2k dollor...

and unfortunately i don't have insurance yet.
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:48 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 pm
bvanfossen wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am
Sry to hear about your Moto. And to other poster $5k of damage is easily done. That's just what the exhaust cost here in the USA for it.

OP, do you have Moto insurance?
:please:
BS:::
why would the exhaust cost 1/3rd the price of a new bike?? :stir:
US prices;
2018 Ducati Panigale 959 Specifications
Model Type Sport
BASE MSRP(US) $15,395.00
http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/ducati/ ... e/959.html
its East Asia bro

nearly $30,000 in cambodia with full Tax

and full Exhaust cost over 6k dollor
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], clutchcargo, hanno, JMEYERS101010, Paulo, Queef, RickyBobby, RogueAnt, side, The Whisperer and 123 guests