Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

Post by Barang chgout »

Well!
I make more money than......
Oh fuck, did someone mention work permits....?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

LOL, and here we thought once you were getting laid regularly you'd simmer down.

I responded to a dickhead..the FIRST and ONLY time I ever have.

And yes, I want him to put his money where his mouth is.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Finding a job advise needed

Post by StroppyChops »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 pm You know who else often claims he makes more money than people say? Donald Trump. He used to call Forbes magazine and argue that they ranked him too low. Don’t be like that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Your OP distinctly asked about a TEFL, which as almost everyone knows, is a teaching-related certificate.

I was replying to richard, not to you. Yes we KNOW you're not moving here for the rest of your life..and we KNOW you're testing the waters...and we KNOW you're desperate to find ANY gainful employment. Andwe really hope you go HOME yesterday. HOWEVER..you have NOT mentioned any marketable skills, and the fruit-selling jobs are all taken, the motodops are all Khmer...even basic construction work requires some experience...

Try and keep up

Don't ever bother doing a CELTA, no way in hell you would get through the first week, maybe day.

What employer in Cambodia would accept a barang with an Associate degree? In any area? Do you realise what they think of them here?

You redefine stupidity and ingratitude, seriously.
Last edited by that genius on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

'Self-employeed'. Great editing skills, too I guess. Doh. Stay there. They deserve you.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:28 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 pm You know who else often claims he makes more money than people say? Donald Trump. He used to call Forbes magazine and argue that they ranked him too low. Don’t be like that.
Hahaha, kind of interesting that when his bf and former boss, screwbienz, was bragging about money he had nothing to say, but when I challenge someone on facts without bragging it somehow becomes objectionable.

He should be a lawyer...oh, wait...
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Blocked. After thanking me for my advice and getting info by PM. No more.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:38 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:28 pm
Hahaha, kind of interesting that when his bf and former boss, screwbienz, was bragging about money he had nothing to say, but when I challenge someone on facts without bragging it somehow becomes objectionable.

He should be a lawyer...oh, wait...
I'm not getting between you two, I just enjoyed the "don't be like ..." meme reference.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:19 pm Well!
I make more money than......
Oh fuck, did someone mention work permits....?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
LOL
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm Blocked. After thanking me for my advice and getting info by PM. No more.
Ya, you're an OCEAN of help and positivity!! Lmao. All because I didn't use the correct form of their, there, they're. What a beetch!! Haha
Locked Previous topicNext topic