Finding a job in Cambodia; advice needed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Finding a job advise needed

Post by that genius »

Seconded.

No other certificate or diploma carries so much weight.

Get one, then start an online degree..not some Ass degree, a full one.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

If you get a full 4 year degree from a $50,000 a year college in the US, can he then find work making $980 a month in Cambodia like you do?
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:36 pm
that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm I doubt it, with your skills. Maybe $2
OK, my bad, $1.
Jeez, enough already! OK, you need to do voluntourism!

You pay them!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

dron wrote: If you get a full 4 year degree from a $50,000 a year college in the US, can he then find work making $980 a month in Cambodia like you do?
Put $1K on the table that says I don't make close to double that.

Go on, put your money where your mouth is.

I'll provide proof to all the mods.

Let's make it a grand, OK? You want to pay me a grand?

You don't have the balls. Or the cash, probably.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

[Mod edit: Already banned for 24 hours.]
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

dron wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:50 pm [Mod edit: Already banned for 24 hours.]
LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:47 pm Seconded.

Get one, then start an online degree..not some Ass degree, a full one.
HUH: :stir:
whats the most someone with a online, ( or even in a classroom) tefl degree expect to make?
$1,000, 1, 500/month
ONLY, if u wish teach english

I'd think getting ur teaching credentials in the states or elsewhere, opens up lots more opportunities everywhere than a TEFL degree
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

that genius wrote:
richard, perhaps you missed this in the OP

He's not going to America.

He's coming here. I've made it slightly more legible for you.

So...should we give advice/info for the US, or for here?

(It's rhetorical)
You are a jerk buddy. No, I am not perfect. I make mistakes just like you do. It's called being human.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

that genius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 am Richard, I'm not picking your posts. If you or anybody posts stuff I disagree with, I'll say so, that's what happens on forums. Nobody gets special treatment, good or bad. Stop hiding behind this blind...ooh, he disagreed with me because he dislikes me...it's as pathetic as a race card. An associate degree would be worthless to him here, and I've told him that, based on 20 years' teaching experience in the location he wants to move to. What your daughter does in America is meaningless. And anybody who thinks an associate degree is not superior to a full one needs their heads examined, I think even you agree on that. Relax, we're not out to get you. Chill.
You should change your name, you're kind of an idiot. I'm not moving there for the rest of my life. I'd like to test the waters. I will be coming back home, in case your old mind can't remember, to the US.

You are extremely narcissistic and not a nice person. I have not seen one positive/contributing post from you. You certainly are not educated in the realm of degrees either bro. When I mentioned an AA or AS it wouldn't be used for teaching.

........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

that genius wrote:
Put $1K on the table that says I don't make close to double that.

Go on, put your money where your mouth is.

I'll provide proof to all the mods.

Let's make it a grand, OK? You want to pay me a grand?

You don't have the balls. Or the cash, probably.
Why are you boasting about how much money you make? It’s crass. If someone makes a comment about your income, just ignore it. Status is not that important.

For someone who constantly whines about “oneupmanship” and people showing off wealth, I’m surprised to see you shouting “I make almost $1900 a month! I’ll prove it! I’ll fucking prove I make more money than you say!”

You know who else often claims he makes more money than people say? Donald Trump. He used to call Forbes magazine and argue that they ranked him too low. Don’t be like that.

Don’t publicly challenge someone who mistakenly underestimates your wealth or income and challenge them to a wager about it. You’re better than that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic