Solar power for rural Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Solar power for rural Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

blueman.cambodia wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:15 pm And meanwhile... Construction and disposal of solar panels and wind turbines produce more carbon emissions in manufacturing and disposal the coal power creates from generating the same amount of electricity.
Ah, then that would explain why the Chinese want to move their polluting coal plants to Cambodia. We should be thankful they are saving us from solar power and windmills. :no:
newsworthy/too-dirty-for-china-hunan-co ... 31847.html
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:00 pm
blueman.cambodia wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:15 pm And meanwhile... Construction and disposal of solar panels and wind turbines produce more carbon emissions in manufacturing and disposal the coal power creates from generating the same amount of electricity.
Ah, then that would explain why the Chinese want to move their polluting coal plants to Cambodia. We should be thankful they are saving us from solar power and windmills. :no:
newsworthy/too-dirty-for-china-hunan-co ... 31847.html
And that is why the aussie PM thinks coal is ok as his coast burns. Who exactly has been feeding the chinese dirty coal for years?
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

I love you geniuses who follow the biden new mantra.LEARN TO CODE MAN!
obama needs to put a bunch of wind turbines in his yard of his new matha's vinyard mansion.
I think solar is great.
I truly do. I saw a guy in the middle of the bush in Zambia using solar to recharge his laptop in 2004.
I used the sun to heat water to take showers with when I lived in a tent one summer waiting for my camper to be delivered. 2006.
The sun heats the metal tank on the roof of my apartment in Siem Reap and I don't need the instant heater unit for my showers.2019-20.
One of the challenges with Industrialization is pollution.
Asia has a lot more issues than the Western Hemisphere because of the massive populations in the countries.
Billions of people want a car..a moto..plastic bottles of water and soft drinks.
Billions want smart phones and juice to recharge them.
Billions want sushi.
Solar is a viable option in Cambodia.
Good luck.
I want to see you stop Khmer people who use charcoal to cook with.
Atomic energy seemed like a great method until some meltdowns ..and a Tsunami.
The hydro electric dams seemed great until the fish disappeared, the water turned blue and the chinese turned off the water.
Science has developed filters to clean the pollutants given off by burning coal in power plants.
Go to an airport in Asia and see the thousands of people every day flying. Try telling them to stop.
Check out your favorite celeb..greta..leo..al gore..and ask them when are they going to give up their lifestyles.
I am still waiting for Val Kilmer as Simon Templar to save the day with cold fusion.
The climate deal allowed china and india to do nothing...as if china would follow a rule anyway.
It is very hard to give billions of people smart phones and teach them to be consumers and then tell them to go solar....while they watch rich people live the bifh life.
I hope it all works out and solar technology can help the Khmer people as a whole.
It appears they are going to need it.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thailand’s B.Grimm Acquires Ray Power Supply to Develop a Solar Farm in Cambodia
The ground-mounted solar project will be set up in the Banteay Meanchey province of Cambodia
Jan 23, 2020

B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, B.Grimm Solar Power 1 Company Limited, has completed the acquisition of Ray Power Supply Company Limited.

In a filing to the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the company has announced that the deal now been granted approval from the relevant authorities in Cambodia. B.Grimm is one of the oldest and largest infrastructure developers in Thailand.

In a letter dated November 18, 2019, the company had announced that B.Grimm Solar had entered into a share purchase agreement to acquire all the shares of Ray Power.

Cambodia is grappling with an ever-increasing demand for electricity. Despite having an abundance of solar radiation, Cambodia is lagging in the generation of power from renewable sources, and the country has a solar generation capacity of only 10 MW.

This latest announcement comes in the wake of the company’s investment in a ground-mounted solar project being developed in Serie Saophoan, Banteay Meanchey Province of Cambodia.
https://mercomindia.com/b-grimm-acquire ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE from post389363.html?hilit=solar%20power%20pursat#p389363

Cambodia: new solar power plant put into operation
A 30MW solar power station located in Krakor district, Pursat province of Cambodia,has been connected to the country’s national grid as it enters its testing and commissioning phase.
VNA Wednesday, September 23, 2020 17:49

Phnom Penh (VNA) - A 30MW solar power station located in Krakor district, Pursat province of Cambodia, has been connected to the country’s national grid as it enters its testing and commissioning phase.

The project is part of the government’s plan to boost the Kingdom’s clean-energy portfolio to 450MW by the end of 2022.

KeoRottanak, director-general of State-run electricity supplier Electricite du Cambodge (EdC), was quoted by local media as saying on September 22 that the plant had been commissioned by the EdC to be connected to the national grid in SnaAnsa commune.

Victor Jona, director-general of the Ministry of Mines and Energy’s General Department of Energy told the Phnom Penh Post that the project entered its testing and commissioning phase just after construction was completed in mid-September.

He added that with the efforts of the relevant authorities, he expects more new solar power plants to be put into operation in the future, mainly in provinces such as Kampong Chhnang, Pursat, Battambang and BanteayMeanchey.

The project will be equipped with Cheetah-brand photovoltaic panels provided by Shanghai-based New York Stock Exchange-listed Jinkosolar Holding Co Ltd.JinkoSolaris the world’s largest producer of solar panels.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/cambodia-new- ... 187457.vnp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Ahh, Krakor ^^^ I used to get my haircuts there after coming in off the lake.
(lovely old bloke, terrible haircut)
They sure know what Solar power for rural Cambodia is around there
pioneers in fact
........................^
Bosco
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Bosco »

Does anyone know anything about this one? It would seem as if the game is being raised with a 135MW plan costing $488 million! Could it be true?

https://www.issuewire.com/the-gideon-gr ... 0689066196

And they have two impressive websites:

https://www.innerkhmer.com

https://www.irecenergy.com
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

60-MW Solar Station in Pursat Province Sets to Generate Power Early Next Year
AKP Phnom Penh, December 02, 2020 --
Another 60-megawatt solar station in Pursat province’s Krokor district will generate power for the grid earlier next year.

Invested by Schneitec Renewable Co., Ltd., the solar power station covers 135 hectares of land area.

The firm announced the timeframe of power generation during a visit made by H.E. Suy Sem, Minister of Mines and Energy, to the station on Dec. 1.

Schneitec Renewable Co., Ltd. is under the parent company of Schneitec Co., Ltd., which has another sub company –Schneitec Infinite Co., Ltd. currently operating a 30-megawatt solar station since September this year, said H.E. Victor Jona, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Mines and Energy.

Both stations are located in the same district of Krokor, Pursat province.

The Royal Government of Cambodia approved in 2019 two power projects in Pursat province, one is an 80-megawatt dam, located in Veal Veng district and the other is a 90-megawatt solar station project in Krokor district.

Besides Pursat, Cambodia has solar power stations in other areas such the 10-megawatt solar farm in Bavet city, Svay Rieng province, an 80-megawatt solar station in Kampong Speu province, a 60-megawatt solar station in Kampong Chhnang province, and a 5-megawatt small-sized solar station in Bavet city.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Solar Power Station for Siem Reap Orchid Research Centre
A 32-kilowatt large-scale solar power plant officially went online on January 27, 2021, at the Sok An Phnom Kulen Orchid Research and Conservation Center.
The 32KW plant, with an 87kWh battery storage system, can generate approximately 150 kilowatt-hours per day, sufficient for daily use of air conditioners and water pumping at the centre.
The project is a joint venture between the Ministry of Environment, the United Nations Development Program and other partners.
Environment Minister Say Samal said at the inauguration ceremony that the solar station will help provide clean energy for the Research Center, a key government objective.

More on orchids: general-chatter/topic16693.html

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

ADB approved financing for Cambodia solar
Published 16 February 2021 Last Updated 16 Feb 2021 09:53
Asian Development Bank is planning to provide a financing package of up to $16.4 million for the 60MW Kampong Chhnang solar power project in Cambodia.
More details to come.
https://ijglobal.com/articles/153242/ad ... odia-solar

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic