Old scam, new targets?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Old scam, new targets?

Post by lostjeremy »

Any of yall seen this scam targeting Cambodian females.
A couple of my wifes friends thought they hit the jackpot and wanting me to read and explain some facebook messages the last 2 days. I had to be the wish and dream bubble buster.

Guy from UK sending a box full of luxury items (see shipping pic below) as well as hiding $20,000 cash inside he said in his PM's.

Its $1400 for shipping but he only paid $900 so they have to pay $500 leftover when picking up the package from the post office. I guess we may be seeing some disappointed females soon depending on how many gulabile girls fall for it.

Here is the facebook account of the shady character although im sure it's fake as well....
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... e5f2b5.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk

Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Old scam, new targets?

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Welcome to Lagos,Nigeria.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

lostjeremy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:19 pm Any of yall seen this scam targeting Cambodian females.
A couple of my wifes friends thought they hit the jackpot and wanting me to read and explain some facebook messages the last 2 days. I had to be the wish and dream bubble buster.

Guy from UK sending a box full of luxury items (see shipping pic below) as well as hiding $20,000 cash inside he said in his PM's.

Its $1400 for shipping but he only paid $900 so they have to pay $500 leftover when picking up the package from the post office. I guess we may be seeing some disappointed females soon depending on how many gulabile girls fall for it.

Here is the facebook account of the shady character although im sure it's fake as well....
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... e5f2b5.jpg[/IMG]

Old mainly Nigerian thingy, happened to many Thai women as well, and prolly to much more women around the globe...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Bottom bloke ... someone should fuck him in the ass.
You could be next.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:36 pm Bottom bloke ... someone should fuck him in the ass.
Agreed! But what about common sense/naïvity?
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 pm
Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:36 pm Bottom bloke ... someone should fuck him in the ass.
Agreed! But what about common sense/naïvity?

Unfortunately, common sense is in short supply and there's a glut of naivety when you have a mostly uneducated i.e. ignorant, population with 'smart' phones. Does one really need to blame the victims when the perpetrator is clearly a cunt?
You could be next.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

We had some fun with the guy getting his hopes up but now that he knows hes getting zero he is sending the girls some threatening messages. So feel free to go to the guys facebook link above and have some fun on messenger. Its quite amusing to me but i can see how it would scare some females who dont know better.

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

It's scary to think how many times this scam probably works.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

My wife nearly fell for it in Australia. They sent lots of pics of the box and told her there was something inside worth a million. An American man who works in Syria as a diplomat was then coming to Australia to take her to Phnom Penh to buy a bungalow. Bungalow? Google Nigeria and bungalow, that’s what they houses!
The American chap is not on Facebook or LinkedIn. And he wanted her to set up an ANZ account just days after they announced they were selling out in Cambodia. She refused to believe that it was a scam until they asked for money.
JohnLeonard
Expatriate
Somalia

Post by JohnLeonard »

willyhilly wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 am My wife nearly fell for it in Australia. They sent lots of pics of the box and told her there was something inside worth a million. An American man who works in Syria as a diplomat was then coming to Australia to take her to Phnom Penh to buy a bungalow. Bungalow? Google Nigeria and bungalow, that’s what they houses!
The American chap is not on Facebook or LinkedIn. And he wanted her to set up an ANZ account just days after they announced they were selling out in Cambodia. She refused to believe that it was a scam until they asked for money.
Idiots, American working as Diplomat in Syria, Dont say he was posted in Raqqa or DeirEzzour or Al-Bukamaal??

These idiots keep falling to the same trap.
Cat playing her favorite game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7_GRm4xR8
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic