Why I do not feel any guilt being rich

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Why I do not feel any guilt being rich

Post by Jimmy Crow »

First off I never flaunt my wealth. I just want to be treated like everyone else but people just use me to pay for things. If I do not want to, then I am seen as an asshole. As I got older, I have found that people less fortunate of me will ask me for money as a way for abating my feelings of ashamed for being rich. Just because I do not want to give you money for your health problem or buy your child a pair of shoes does not make me a selfish prick. Sorry you are poor, but that is not something I am responsible for fixing. In fact, I have found that poor people are some of the most selfish people ever. I enjoy my wealth and do not flaunt it. I would love to help people but can't because they are just looking for an ATM.

So to all the broke and far from rich and wealthy people out there on this forum and in the world,maybe in the next life you will be rich so work hard.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why I do not feel any guilt being rich

Post by taabarang »

So much for everyone being equal. Everyone has a place and it's at the end of the line behind some rich asshole Republican.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

#BraggerSansFrontiers #Arrogant #Troll prolly Top Bloke too!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Jimmy Crow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 am Just because I do not want to ...... buy your child a pair of shoes...
You just know someone is wealthy when they cite their ability to buy a pair of shoes for a child as evidence of their superior financial standing.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Wed May 30, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

I teach rich Chinese kids and I just can't figure out how they could be so naive about education, actually suckers when you get right down to it, and yet have the required intelligence to get rich.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:27 am
Jimmy Crow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 am Just because I do not want to ...... buy your child a pair of shoes...
You just know someone is wealthy when they cite buying a pair of shoes for a child as evidence of their superior financial standing.
My car has an umbrella in the door.guess which car?
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

AmericanSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 am I teach rich Chinese kids and I just can't figure out how they could be so naive about education, actually suckers when you get right down to it, and yet have the required intelligence to get rich.
Steve,how does that make you feel?

Does it trouble you that their savings accounts have more then your retirement fund?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jimmy Crow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 am First off I never flaunt my wealth. I just want to be treated like everyone else but people just use me to pay for things. If I do not want to, then I am seen as an asshole. As I got older, I have found that people less fortunate of me will ask me for money as a way for abating my feelings of ashamed for being rich. Just because I do not want to give you money for your health problem or buy your child a pair of shoes does not make me a selfish prick. Sorry you are poor, but that is not something I am responsible for fixing. In fact, I have found that poor people are some of the most selfish people ever. I enjoy my wealth and do not flaunt it. I would love to help people but can't because they are just looking for an ATM.

So to all the broke and far from rich and wealthy people out there on this forum and in the world,maybe in the next life you will be rich so work hard.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

AmericanSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:31 am I teach rich Chinese kids and I just can't figure out how they could be so naive about education, actually suckers when you get right down to it, and yet have the required intelligence to get rich.
thats a very confusing post

they are naive about education whilst you teach them?
rich kids have rich parents,wheres the confusion?
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

thats a very confusing post

they are naive about education whilst you teach them?
rich kids have rich parents,wheres the confusion?
For example, they want their kids to go to the elite universities and based on that promise they spend upwards of US$ 35,000 per year including boarding. If they bothered to research some of these elite universities, they should realize that the odds of their kid getting in is slim to none. In fact over the 5 year period the school has been in existence, only 1 kid got into an elite university.

Another example is student schedules. Chinese parents are convinced their kids should study all day - study, study, study. If they bothered to reseach this, they would understand that a balanced approach between study, exercise and social activities are how young students succeed.

Another example is laboratory. These Chinese parents and their kids complain about everything but not a peep about how outdated our labs are. I've even told the students to tell your parents to complain about lab facilities.

The list goes on and on but my conclusion is these parents are relatively new rich and they buy into whatever glossy add the school comes up with.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic