Got myself banned last night from...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Got myself banned last night from...

Post by andy1 »

angkorjohn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:28 am
andy1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:22 am
Stramash23 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:11 am I think the point where you went full asshole/potato, is where you said there was more compassion in the Khmer Route (sic) than in Kampot.
ah ah rouge that one has just come back :beer3:
That thread Andy from what I see (with your comments) happened around 1030am yesterday. That's pretty early to be that wasted - unless you're using the old "I was drunk" shtick to excuse your online rants.

I hope your friends health gets better and maybe you should keep an eye on your health too. Maybe get a hobby instead of being a day drinking keyboard warrior
I much to my dismay am in cold old England so it was last night to me :hattip: never have a drink before 21.00 and every second week i dont drink at all
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

andy1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am
Stramash23 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:11 am I think the point where you went full asshole/potato, is where you said there was more compassion in the Khmer Route (sic) than in Kampot.
That thread Andy from what I see (with your comments) happened around 1030am yesterday. That's pretty early to be that wasted - unless you're using the old "I was drunk" shtick to excuse your online rants.

I hope your friends health gets better and maybe you should keep an eye on your health too. Maybe get a hobby instead of being a day drinking keyboard warrior
I much to my dismay am in cold old England so it was last night to me :hattip: never have a drink before 21.00 and every second week i dont drink at all
Good boy? Or top bloke?
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:45 am
andy1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am

Good boy? Or top bloke?
Have seen to many close frends die of alchohol related complications,and liver failure is a very nasty way to go :bad:
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

andy1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 am I much to my dismay am in cold old England so it was last night to me :hattip: never have a drink before 21.00 and every second week i dont drink at all
Ah OK makes sense, sorry to hear you are stuck in England, it would turn anyone to drink :ROFL:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Haha, oops. The Kampot Noticeboard is the most entertaining Facebook group for Cambodia, and they seem to be getting better on letting crazy topics run longer than before.

It's also one of the few groups that have people plugging their businesses that don't annoy me, as they all seem more like friendly public service announcements instead of the typical "buy from me" all over most of the other pages.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Lol. I'm continually getting banned. It's just too funny, I can't help myself, I HAVE to comment. I mean, every idiot expat in Cambodia lives there now and they're all trying create their "own " environment with conflicting results. Even funnier is the attitude of the mods who seem to think Kampot is "their town " and so they should censor all sorts of random shit....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Got myself banned last night from

Post by Cam Nivag »

angkorjohn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:35 am Well I read that thread and to be sure your post made no sense. Someone asked for help on an injured cat and you went to the other extreme asking why people didn't care about people.

I mean sure if you had someone else saying "hey I've found this girl with a broken leg after being attacked by a dog"
and everyone was just ignoring that post and instead offering to help the cat then your ramblings might of had some kinda credibility. but ya know people can care about animals and humans they ain't mutually exclusive.

To be fair I thought you were just yanking people's cranks as it don't take much to get 'em excited in Kampot, but I'm guessing by your attention seeking here you genuinely thought it and are a bit upset. Have yourself a beer son :beer1:
I have not read the Kampot Noticeborad thread in question. However, I have noticed, on Cambodia expat-related Facebook pages and groups, there are just a shitload of posts about lost dogs, missing dogs, found dogs, dogs who aren't being treated well enough by their foreign and Khmer owners, etc.

Meanwhile, each expat posting about the distressed dogs probably sees dozens of starving and diseased Khmers every day and never posts about how to help any of them.

It's kind of a similar phenomenon to people posting "A nicely dressed white guy came up to me yesterday and told me he had been robbed and needed $10 and I gave it to him." Meanwhile if a Khmer with no legs puts his hand out he gets 100 riel.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I've never really given a shit about cats but there's only so many times you can tell people to just eat them before it gets tired.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 pm
angkorjohn wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:35 am Well I read that thread and to be sure your post made no sense. Someone asked for help on an injured cat and you went to the other extreme asking why people didn't care about people.

I mean sure if you had someone else saying "hey I've found this girl with a broken leg after being attacked by a dog"
and everyone was just ignoring that post and instead offering to help the cat then your ramblings might of had some kinda credibility. but ya know people can care about animals and humans they ain't mutually exclusive.

To be fair I thought you were just yanking people's cranks as it don't take much to get 'em excited in Kampot, but I'm guessing by your attention seeking here you genuinely thought it and are a bit upset. Have yourself a beer son :beer1:
I have not read the Kampot Noticeborad thread in question. However, I have noticed, on Cambodia expat-related Facebook pages and groups, there are just a shitload of posts about lost dogs, missing dogs, found dogs, dogs who aren't being treated well enough by their foreign and Khmer owners, etc.

Meanwhile, each expat posting about the distressed dogs probably sees dozens of starving and diseased Khmers every day and never posts about how to help any of them.

It's kind of a similar phenomenon to people posting "A nicely dressed white guy came up to me yesterday and told me he had been robbed and needed $10 and I gave it to him." Meanwhile if a Khmer with no legs puts his hand out he gets 100 riel.
FYI, four or five years ago i went to local supermarkets in Europe to hang a post requesting free kids shoes, i’ve brought 34kg of good shoes ( together with my better half) brought them tothe kids at the Stueng Meanchey waste dump. But i hear you nevertheless. I’ll never forget their happy faces!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Well whilst you have some valid points I don't believe it has to be one or another. Sure if I by donating money to save a kid or a dog and you could only save one i'd of course save the d̶o̶g̶ kid.

I help when I can but usually though donation to organizations who work with these people or buy a bit of food, never directly cash and never to kids selling bracelets.

Although you are hardly renowned for your empathy Cam Nivag. Not so long ago someone suggested you should be helping that wacko christian in Siem Reap (i agreed with your sentiments by the way)
When did I ever claim to be trying to help him? I hope he gets help, but I'm not lifting a finger for him and never claimed to be. And I deliberately didn't mention his name in any googleable text, so that if he does get help and years from now a prospective employer googles his name, they won't see this.

This guy could be back on the streets of Cambodia tomorrow applying for teaching jobs, harassing people, trespassing on people's property, requesting accommodation he can't pay for, etc. Notifying the community of penniless fucktards and wackos is a high public service. Coddling, protecting, and concealing Western drug addicts who move to lawless Cambodia to "teach English" because they can't function in Western societies without repeatedly getting arrested doesn't do them or the Cambodians any favors
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic