British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) -- A British man (PAUL FARRELL) was savagely beaten by nearly a dozen Chinese men in a small city in Cambodia when they discovered he had "Taiwan" tattooed on his forehead and he refused to recognize their claim that the country is part of China.

While on vacation in Cambodia, a British ex-pat who has lived in Taiwan for 14 years and goes by the name "Paul," at around 11 p.m. on Saturday evening (May 27) took a seat at a bar in Sihanoukville Square in the coastal Cambodian city of Sihanoukville. When he ordered a drink and took off his hat, a large group of Chinese men sitting nearby, who he believed to be overseas workers, noticed that the traditional Chinese characters for "Taiwan" (臺灣) were tattooed on his forehead.

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: British Expat Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by zmth »

Just seems surely must have been something more to that incident - like that discussion just happened to lead to some other more relevant argument for that kind of extent of physical violence
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Expat Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by jaynewcastle »

Why on earth would anybody be so stupid as to have "Taiwan", or anything tattooed on their forehead ?
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

jaynewcastle wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 am Why on earth would anybody be so stupid as to have "Taiwan", or anything tattooed on their forehead ?
Yeah, it's called "political activism" these days, so they say. The real question is why would anyone with "Taiwan" tattooed on their forehead sit down in a known hub of Chinese investment next to a big group of Chinese workers. He was asking for it, it's a publicity stunt and another statement. Check the pics, he couldn't be happier this has happened.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by General Mackevili »

Apparently this British Paul Farrell is well known for his stupid TAIWAN tattoo on his forehead, and made international news about it just year.

He also sounds like a retarded drunk, who's already spent time in a Taiwanese prison for arson, when he threw a molotov cocktail at a Family Mart because they refused to sell him a hamburger because he's a total drunk.

He also seems to hate England, and clearly loves Taiwan.

I wasn't at The Square that night, but he seems like someone who was out looking for trouble.

A lot of links about this Tattood Paul Farrell, but this might be the best one, which is written by another foreigner locked up with Paul, who tells all about him.

Sounds like he got bail in Taiwan for the arson charges, then skipped bail and went back to England to avoid court. But he hated England so much, he decided to just bite the bullet and go back to Taiwan and face the charges and continue living there, lol. The dude is wild.

My 3rd cellmate was a man by the name of Paul Farrell, 31 years old. He’s got anger issues with wild mood swings and is an alcoholic. He got on my last nerve, but I decided to keep rooming with him because I thought it was fascinating to see how a white person would react to imprisonment in an Asian prison. I fancy myself a Sociologist and this, if nothing else, would be a fascinating case study. Paul’s a british citizen, who’s lived in Taiwan/Asia for 10 years, he left Britain when he was 18. He’s an absentee father, he has an 11 yr old son back in England that he never sees. Taught English for years...

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by General Mackevili »

Hahaha, there's just too many good links about this stupid fucker!

ImageImageImage

This link also shows a video of him attacking the cashier at a minimart and trying to set it on fire:

The British expat who angered his wife after he drunkenly had "Taiwan" tattooed on his forehead has been arrested for drink-driving.

Paul Ferrell, 32, was subjected to a breathalyzer test and was found to have been over the legal limit.

Ferrell, who is also known by his Chinese name "Lo Han" since becoming a naturalised Taiwanese citizen through his native wife, was detained and released without bail and is expected to receive a hefty fine.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... e-11399316
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

siliconlife wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 am
jaynewcastle wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 am Why on earth would anybody be so stupid as to have "Taiwan", or anything tattooed on their forehead ?
Yeah, it's called "political activism" these days, so they say. The real question is why would anyone with "Taiwan" tattooed on their forehead sit down in a known hub of Chinese investment next to a big group of Chinese workers. He was asking for it, it's a publicity stunt and another statement. Check the pics, he couldn't be happier this has happened.
The Square is Chinese now ???

I also wonder why anyone with half a brain would get a tattoo on their forehead, but the guy just got his face busted, so I'm concerned about the other half (of the brain.)
But even if he said 'Fk U, Taiwan Rules', fk that. Whatever. You don't just beat the fk out of people because they don't agree with you.

He was asking for it :facepalm:
Check the pics, his dentist couldn't be happier this has happened.
FTFY
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

we had a cook in the oil patch in Oz who had "kill cops" tattooed under his hairline. he would shave his head for his 3 week shift and let it grow back by changeover.
he was the original real life model for the killer in the movie "romper stomper"
he had a box of epsom salts visibly on display at the serving window.
everyone called him "killcops"- never to his face though
we were scared of him
JohnLeonard
Expatriate
Somalia

Post by JohnLeonard »

Total fool, i remember him from the news couple of years back and i remember a Chinese guy saying this guy doesn't have self confidence and likely influence by alcohol, i have been all over SEA and never met these types of top blokes not that i am interested to meet them.
Cat playing her favorite game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7_GRm4xR8
juggerforhire
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by juggerforhire »

Seems like a reasonable guy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic