British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Steven
Expatriate
France

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by Steven »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 pm
AmericanSteve wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 pm
I honestly don't think Chinese people would give a shit that some moron white guy has Taiwan tatted on his head.
Well, Khmers would give less of a shit about it. "I walked into a bar with Chinese customers with 'Taiwan' tattooed on my head and then the Khmer staff jumped me and beat me up" makes even less sense.
The only story that makes sense here is something like : "I am a drunkard and an idiot with foul temper, I messed with people and got beaten. Since I am a drunken idiot I can't quite remember what happened and who beat me."
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by Cam Nivag »

Steven wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:49 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 pm
AmericanSteve wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 pm
I honestly don't think Chinese people would give a shit that some moron white guy has Taiwan tatted on his head.
Well, Khmers would give less of a shit about it. "I walked into a bar with Chinese customers with 'Taiwan' tattooed on my head and then the Khmer staff jumped me and beat me up" makes even less sense.
The only story that makes sense here is something like : "I am a drunkard and an idiot with foul temper, I messed with people and got beaten. Since I am a drunken idiot I can't quite remember what happened and who beat me."
I agree. 90% chance it’s that. 10% chance some Chinese guys jumped him for having “Taiwan” tattooed on his head.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm leaning very strongly towards him being a drunk idiot who asked to get jumped by random whoevers, and when he realized what happened the next day, he took it as an opportunity to lie about what happened and get in the Taiwanese news, yet again. He probably didn't realize his antics were caught on CCTV security cameras, and after the police reviewed the footage, decided to get the idiot to confess his bullshit behavior.

He thought he'd be a martyr for Taiwan, but no, he's just a moron with tattoos on his forehead who still acts like a retard when he drinks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over

Post by hanno »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:21 pm He thought he'd be a martyr for Taiwan, but no, he's just a moron with tattoos on his forehead who still acts like a retard when he drinks.
And sans a couple of teeth.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Can we crowdfund a reward for the guys that did it?
TaiwanTattooFace
Tourist

Post by TaiwanTattooFace »

#TaiwanTattoo I'm looking for a publisher/agent, for my book/memoir, I've written about the Tattoo and my 16 years so far in Asia. Please message me for more details if you are an agent or publisher. Thank you :) https://t.co/ZQP0teNfMT

Excerpt from my book ie how the Police in Sihanoukville handled it:

The Forced Statement

At the station they seemed more concerned with how the story had gone viral than, what actually happened, and they kept asking me the names of the journalists in Taiwan, I had contacted. They also wanted a detailed overview of who, my family was including their addresses and job titles. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview, I told them clearly what had happened and that, I was attacked by Chinese, they told me, I was mistaken and it wasn’t Chinese that attacked me, it was Khmer people, which it obviously wasn’t.

The police at the police station in Sihanoukville, mostly all seemed to be Chinese Khmer and spoke fluent mandarin, they had huge gold rings on almost every finger, thick gold bracelets, jewel encrusted watches and drove very expensive looking brand new cars.

They told me they had the minister of interior on the phone and, they were considering charging me with defaming the nation because, I had told the story to overseas journalists, that caused it to go viral, they said it made Cambodia look bad and can damage tourism to their country.

They said, if I co-operated with them then, I'd be free to go and not be arrested. They gave me a pen and dictated to me what to write, I wrote it down word for word, what he had told me including is grammatical errors and broken English.

They then, made a video and told me, what I needed to say first before they started recording, I went along with it and followed what they said as, I didn’t want to end up like all those foreign journalists that, are still imprisoned over there now for writing things or saying things the government didn’t like.

I was scared.

They made me lie and say that, I was mistaken and that it wasn’t the Chinese customers that attacked me, it was the Khmer bar staff and Khmer people around and, that no Chinese citizens took part in the attack.

They told me, I needed to contact all the journalists in Taiwan and get them to retract the news story.

I said I would, as I just wanted to get out of the police station, they asked for my passport which, I didn’t have as it was in the scooter rental place, they told me they’d collect it from the rental shop and, asked for the scooter rental shop address. They told me I was not to leave the country or Sihanoukville and, they’d come to visit me in a weeks' time, to make sure I'd contacted all the journalists. They also made me, on the spot message Keoni from, Taiwan news and tell him, I was mistaken and then they made me show them the message.

By, the time I was allowed to leave the police station, it was late evening and I got on my scooter and dashed back to Otres 3 as fast as I could.

I packed up, all my things, told my friends on messenger what had happened at the station, and stayed up in a sleepless night, waiting until sunrise so, I could drive to the scooter rental place and, hopefully get my passport before they do and get the hell out of here.

The Escape from Cambodia

At sunrise, I drove as fast as could, to the scooter rental shop, it was only 5.30am so, it was still closed and the sign said they opened at 6am so, I sat outside and waited, paranoid the police would show up to get my passport before I did.

At 6am, the inside shutters finally went up and the shop opened. I returned, my motorcycle, got my passport and, jumped on a motorcycle taxi to the bus station. Phew!

At the bus station, I anxiously bought a bus ticket from Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, and first I'd need to change in Phonm Phenh, on the bus it was full with mostly only Chinese people, a mix of Chinese workers, investors and tourists.

I changed buses at Phonm Phenh, for one to the Cambodia Vietnam border.

As, the bus pulled into the border, all the passengers had to get off the bus to, walk through the immigration check point, I handed the immigration officer my passport and was stamped out of Cambodia, with deep sigh of relief, I'd managed to leave Cambodia with my life and liberty still intact.

I checked into the Vietnam border, and got the 14 days, Visa exempt stamp and back on the bus to Saigon.

Once, in Saigon, I just checked into a cheap hotel on Bui Vien above, Bookworm's café that I'd booked on booking.com on my phone.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Where did you stay on Otres 3?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Did you wear your hat on the bus?
People of the world, spice up your life.
TaiwanTattooFace
Tourist

Cooldude wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:40 am Where did you stay on Otres 3?
It's gone now, i think .. It was called "Otres Beach Resort" back in 2018 when i stayed there. The one with Aroma Cafe at the entrance to the wooden bungalows.
TaiwanTattooFace
Tourist

mannanman wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:52 am Did you wear your hat on the bus?
hahhahah Yes!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic