British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over

Post by hanno »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 pmWhich way you leaning?
Second option.... Are there actually still any Khmer left in Chinkville?
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

It looks like someone told him word for word what to write. No English speaker would say "I went to a drinking bar." What other kinds of bars are there? "I thought it was Chinese customers of Chinese staff." That clarifies everything. Khmer men attacked him and he thought they were Chinese men. Unbelievable. Surely, they would have been calling him Motherfucker in Chinese. Lives in Taiwan and spells it taiwan. Weird. Certainly the person who wrote the name down the bottom wrote the letter. Maybe he is still concussed.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over "TAIWAN" Tattoo on Forehead

Post by General Mackevili »

Oh oh oh, we got video! Hear Paul Farrell change his story...

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This guy taught English? WTF.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Case closed.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Re: British Expat PAUL FARRELL Badly Beaten by 10 Chinese Men in Sihanoukville Square Over

Post by offroadscholar »

hanno wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:05 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:36 pm To be fair, that letter looks suspicious to me. He's British and says "I was confusion" and also seems to write his last name with a lowercase "f."

He is an idiot, so I guess anything is possible.
That's bullshit. Either the whole story is wrong and it was never about the tattoo but him being a prick (something that seems to come easily to the guy), or it was indeed Chinese and money and/or threats were delivered.
Does seem strange that Khmer police would film and make public a retraction from Farrel that says Khmers beat him up, and not Chinese.
FB and the forums are full of posts by Westerners giving SHV the thumbs down due to the Chinese invasion. Fair to say the online slagging of SHV is becoming a sensitive issue for local Cambodians, especially those in the tourism business.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

offroadscholar wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:08 pm
Does seem strange that Khmer police would film and make public a retraction from Farrel that says Khmers beat him up, and not Chinese.
Agreed.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Its interesting that whatever happened, China wants to make it clear that he was not attached by Chinese.
It could be true. I've never seen Chinese go out of their way to start shit with some idiot laowai.
I honestly don't think Chinese people would give a shit that some moron white guy has Taiwan tatted on his head.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

AmericanSteve wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 pm
I honestly don't think Chinese people would give a shit that some moron white guy has Taiwan tatted on his head.
Well, Khmers would give less of a shit about it. "I walked into a bar with Chinese customers with 'Taiwan' tattooed on my head and then the Khmer staff jumped me and beat me up" makes even less sense.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

John Bingham wrote:This guy taught English? WTF.
I think it’s fairly obvious that the police wrote the statement and he only signed and thumb printed it.
That looks very much like a Khmer persons style of English handwriting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic