So how do u feel about the NRA, Blacks & the 2nd amendment?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

So how do u feel about the NRA, Blacks & the 2nd amendment?

Post by phuketrichard »

Did some research after an interesting talk with friend last night..
Looking at the history of guns and Black people in America, the founding of the nation was based on violence against people of African descent. American gun culture is rooted in settler colonialism, the taking of Native American land and the enslavement of African people as memorialized in the Second Amendment, according to author Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz’s account in “Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Amendment.” The militias institutionalized the violence against Black and indigenous peoples. As professor Carl T. Bogus of the Roger Williams University School of Law argues, the slave patrols — the plantation police force in which most Southern white men were obligated to serve — protected white society against Black insurrection. This, in a region where Blacks outnumbered whites and servile insurrections, were a reality. The Second Amendment assured the slaveholding states that Congress would not disarm their slave patrols, thereby protecting the slavery police state.
“When the 2nd Amendment was written, it was done so specifically for a militia that functions both as a Confederate defense and a Slave-owner’s offense.
According to Dr. Potter, the NRA has a long history of supporting gun control laws, advocating for a deterioration of gun rights for nonwhite people and an expansion of gun rights for law enforcement — as a leading proponent of the 1938 Gun Control Act, and gun control measures amid the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King in the 1960s. “What speaks volumes here is that in response to the murder of MLK, the NRA chose to advocate for gun control. They did not choose to highlight the fact that MLK had attempted to become an owner of firearms after his home was bombed in 1956 — but he was denied,” she said. “After being denied a firearm for self-defense in his own home, community members began an armed watch outside of his residence. This set the stage for the modern battle between white rights and black rights under the Second Amendment.”
“Far from its original form, the NRA now serves as a hard-lined lobbying firm that functions to block gun control and advance the manufacture and distribution of weapons designed for hunting, self-defense and military operations,” Potter said. “The radicalization of the NRA can be seen in the same light as the radicalization of today’s Republican Party,”
http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/03/02/ ... d-history/

and than......its not all middle age white guys :beer3:
So what does the NRA membership look like today?

40% women
40% minority mostly Asian and Hispanic men and women.
Sure, the rest are a lot of white guys but the average age is down from 60 to 40-45.

The NRA is more inter-racial, younger and looks a hell of a lot more like America than the anti-gun left would have you think. The gun grabber like Hillary and her ilk are stuck in the 1990’s.
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: So how do u feel about the NRA and Blacks & the 2nd amendment?

Post by Jimmy Crow »

The question is this Richard,how many black on black gun related deaths are there? And how many white on white gun related deaths are there ?

I think you will see a huge gap on the statistics and reports within the United States!
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: So how do u feel about the NRA, Blacks & the 2nd amendment?

Post by bangkokhooker »

just because you like guns and want to keep them does not mean your a member of the nra

also africans started the slave trade not whites I believe.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:03 am just because you like guns and want to keep them does not mean your a member of the nra

also africans started the slave trade not whites I believe.
When the buying stops, the selling stops, too.

No demand, no sales.

It's like a paedo saying, ' Well her momma put her up for sale', so what I'm doing is momma's fault'.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... about.html

'In a piece published in Vice magazine in 2005 (and still available on the Vice website), comedian Jim Goad offers a series of “feel better about your history, white kids” arguments. One of his salvos: “Slavery was common throughout Africa, with entire tribes becoming enslaved after losing battles. Tribal chieftains often sold their defeated foes to white slave-traders.”

Is it true?: This is certainly true. But, as historian Marcus Rediker writes, the “ancient and widely accepted institution” of enslavement in Africa was exacerbated by the European presence. Yes, European slave traders entered “preexisting circuits of exchange” when they arrived in the 16th century. But European demand changed the shape of this market, strengthening enslavers and ensuring that more and more people would be carried away. “[European] slave-ship captains wanted to deal with ruling groups and strong leaders, people who could command labor resources and deliver the ‘goods,’ ” Rediker writes, and European money and technology further empowered those who were already dominant, encouraging them to enslave greater numbers. Both the social structures and infrastructure that enabled African systems of enslavement were strengthened by the transatlantic slave trade.

Bottom line: Why should this matter? This is a classic “two wrongs make a right” ethical proposition. Even if Africans (or Arabs, or Jews) colluded in the slave trade, should white Americans be entitled to do whatever they pleased with the people who were unlucky enough to fall victim?'
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^I think you completely miss the point.

I don't think any sane person is arguing, "well, white people BOUGHT those slaves fair and square, so what's the problem?" That's not what's happening at all.

The point is that Africans sold their own people into slavery, but they want to solely blame whites for it.

There are literally African Americans that think I owe them something, when I personally owe them fuck all.

I love black people who just wanna move forward with things and not forever think of themselves as victims who are owed everything from whites, etc.

Black Lives Matter? The KKK couldn't have formulated a better why to keep blacks behind. I can't think of anything more harmful to blacks.

Affirmation action? Yeah, racism is the best remedy for racism.

Heros like Trayvon Martin who were shot by police after robbing a 7/11? Ha, that proves your point.

In my opinion, the USA for blacks under Trump is better than USA under America's only black president. Yeah, whites are the problem, lol.

Black gun crime? Haha, not even worth discussing, as the facts are racist and offensive.

Here's a cool black guy:

Some entertaining black people, with various opinions:

Some statistics, which I'm sure can be debated, but bottom line is that blacks desperately need to improve their situation, and playing the victim and blaming whites for everything is not going to help them and instead bring them down further.

And guns? OK, I won't go there...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Heros like Trayvon Martin who were shot by police after robbing a 7/11?
Trayvon Martin wasn't shot by a pig. He was shot by a wannabe pig.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

AmericanSteve wrote:
Heros like Trayvon Martin who were shot by police after robbing a 7/11?
Trayvon Martin wasn't shot by a pig. He was shot by a wannabe pig.
Ah, right you are. A rent-a-cop or something.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
JohnLeonard
Expatriate
Somalia

Post by JohnLeonard »

As black person i would say past is past, its the 21st century and i believe there is something seriously wrong with those stuck in the past trying to blame their fucked up lives on something that was happening long time ago. move on and look forward, in fact i would say every race went through some kind of slavery in some sort or another, slavery was common and blacks were just part of it not the only ones, i have no idea why some of us keep crying about it until now...
Cat playing her favorite game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7_GRm4xR8
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The NRA is just about ensuring everyone gets their money from guns, it's about making cash from firearms. It's not a gun club, it's a manufacturer and retailer's lobby group.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

2nd amendment belongs in the century in which it was written.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic