What is your opinion on getting facial tattoos?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

What is your opinion on getting facial tattoos?

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Well, so I love the concept of beautiful tattoos in human body parts except face. The reason being our most important part is our face from the perspective of identification and beauty. If someone does a full face tattoo his or her original and natural identity is lost, he or she will be perceived by his tattooed face only!! Mike Tyson has a facial tattoo, but his originality remains as his tattoo is just 4 inch. Its been known that the former heavyweight boxer is trying to get rid off his facial tattoo. Famous tattoo artist Kat Von D has 27 tattoos in her entire body but she has only 16–17 small stars on her face !

Another important point is that a full face tattooed face becomes so monotonous and mundane, it becomes difficult to try out different looks and changes. As it is well cited in the book of Spencer Johnson - Who moved my cheese, change is inevitable and must in our life and one should embrace quality changes in life.

But having said that “Tattoo” is not just inserting ink, dyes and pigments into our dermis layer and giving beautiful artistic look, it's more than that. Usually people who have multiple tattoos, their tattoos are not mere art, they are the reflection of past incidents and emotions deep inserted in their hearts! If someone has a facial tattoo as a reflection of multiple psychological experiences and changes, then my above mentioned reasons are absolute bullshit to them:-)
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: What is your opinion on getting facial tattoos?

Post by Username Taken »

Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Like the maori stuff, but that's for them innit. Saw a news article the other day about a white kiwi lady getting the chin tatt and the outrage from it.

Also pretty cool if you're a diehard neo-nazi. Not my thing, but shows commitment to the cause. Same for the black gangsters like tyson and wayne.

As for the emo rappers that they have these days, like lil peep and lil whoever, looks more than a bit shit, although I am tempted to get some xanax teardrops falling from my eye inked on myself. The mrs says the love/hate on my knuckles is already enough.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Tattoos...facial pricks...resist.

Some of the Japanese body art is beautiful, the rest...meh.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Stupid
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 pmStupid
Which one, getting a facial tattoo or copying someone elses question and posting as if it were your own thoughts?

or in this case both
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:48 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 pmStupid
Which one, getting a facial tattoo or copying someone elses question and posting as if it were your own thoughts?

or in this case both
Getting a facial tattoo in my opinion is stupid my cousin got "loyalty" tattooed over his right eye and now he looks like a soundcloud rapper. Image
Daum Penh Stalker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Daum Penh Stalker »

Facial tattoo=crazy. Neck tattoo=dangerous.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

There was a guy in Sinville used to get around on a big bike, with all the decorations, had his face covered. Spoke very good Khmer. Anyone see him about now?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Barang chgout wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 pm There was a guy in Sinville used to get around on a big bike, with all the decorations, had his face covered. Spoke very good Khmer. Anyone see him about now?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Last activity in 2013 and he hasn't been reportedly scamming since 2015. He's probably in jail or dead. Some friend of his asked about him 2 years ago. I doubt that he turned up. https://www.facebook.com/geno.munkholm

His full legal name is Geno Oliver Skjold Munkholm from Gørløse, Denmark (in case anyone is really trying to get a hold of him).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic