Why do a large amount of foreigners in Cambodia like dark skin Khmer girls?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why do a large amount of foreigners in Cambodia like dark skin Khmer girls?

Post by frank lee bent »

The kingdoms prior to Angkor were called Hinduized kingdoms or something
do you refer to the Mon?
https://www.britannica.com/place/Thaila ... ilizations
the presence of " negritos" in Cambodia is well established in early times. though a complete misnomer in terms of a single genetic group.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0079522
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:46 am that not the best picture to post as an example (she looks like a ladyboy). i sure Jamie has a few in his collection!

personally i like dark but the locals think they are ugly and so do the dark skinned chicks
did someone call my name....?

i think this might be the exotic khmer look people have been talking about...

its hard to see on pics nowadays as phones all have filters on them, so most girls can lighten their skin quite easily
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

superferret wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:49 amThe khmers are Asians, and don't originate from Negritos.
Everybody originates form the Negroids.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic. ... n-journey/

'Negritos' typically only refers to a tiny percentage of SE Asians, pygmy-like:

'The Negrito peoples show strong physical similarities with the pygmy peoples of Africa but are genetically closer to their surrounding populations in Austronesia. They are grouped in the Australo-Melanesian racial category, and may have descended from an early split from the Late Pleistocene Out-of-Africa migration.' (wiki/Brittanica)

You could take some dark Khmers to Africa, just change the hair, and they would fit right in.

Cape coloureds could easily pass for Khmer...some coloured have western/less curly hair than typical Negroid stock.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Has it got past everyone(especially Americans) the op's name is Jim Crow and he's talking about dark skin, hmmmm...
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Seasquatch wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 am Has it got past everyone(especially Americans) the op's name is Jim Crow and he's talking about dark skin, hmmmm...
So if my name was Jim Jones it would be ok??

Take a seat you wire puller!
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:54 am

i think this might be the exotic khmer look people have been talking about...

------
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Seasquatch wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 am Has it got past everyone(especially Americans) the op's name is Jim Crow and he's talking about dark skin, hmmmm...
Nah, I just ignored it.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

that genius wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:22 am
Nah, I just ignored it.
That would be a first :wink: :beer1:
------
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

that genius wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:17 am
superferret wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:49 amThe khmers are Asians, and don't originate from Negritos.
You could take some dark Khmers to Africa, just change the hair, and they would fit right in.
The hair and tone of skin (not darkness but tone, like brownish black or greyish black) are some key elements that distinguishes those lines.
Notable the Africans acquired a greyish-blackish dark and curly hair completely different from the straight type seen in most other groups, while the Asians acquired the jet black hair we know so well and brownish dark skin color. The Indians get the grayish dark skin and the jet black hair, but they didn't get the body type of Asians. From what I know Khmers are firmly in the Asian group and Negritos are firmly in the African type group, so the theory of Khmers being a descendants of negritos sounds total bogus.

As for the Hinduized Kingdom, no I wasn't referring to the Mon, I was referring to Funan, the first known Cambodian kingdom, any history is pretty clear it was a hinduized kingdom, here's Wikipedia:

"Funan is noted as the oldest regional Hindu culture, which suggests prolonged socio-economic interaction with maritime trading partners of the Indosphere in the west"
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

didnt all modern human beings evolved from homo sapiens which came from africa while another independent species neanderthal from northern hemisphere extinct? correct me if i am wrong
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic