Why do a large amount of foreigners in Cambodia like dark skin Khmer girls?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why do a large amount of foreigners in Cambodia like dark skin Khmer girls?

Post by frank lee bent »

meh who cares really?
i like Khmer girls when living in Cambodia.
in other countries, i like local girls.
colour does not come into it,
i am in usa at present and could date numerous 20 somethings, fat and old as i am.
they make it plain.
the deli girls are great targets, they are usually a bit dark/
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:16 am i am in usa at present and could date numerous 20 somethings, fat and old as i am.
:thumb: flbee...ceo's resident Lothario... :thumb:

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is a mystery even to me
quite true though
maybe because i joke with them
perhaps if you are nice to people they will be nice in return
even girls and women
maybe that is rare
just a theory
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

I think I can speak for most of us on CEO when I say that we don't discriminate when it comes to female beauty, so wherever in the world we happen to be, we would go for beautiful local women. In Cambodia, most happen to be dark skinned. Khmer girls who are not dark skinned are only part Khmer. They are part Chinese or Vietnamese or some other ethnicity if they have snowy white Sino-Asian skin. So, rather than ask why western men choose dark skinned women in a country where the majority of women are dark skinned, why not ask why Khmer men with money prefer mixed race Khmer women. The answers to that question have already been discussed in this thread.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

in Thailand and i think Camboida
dark skin= work outside=manual labor-Poor

Drive aorund the countryside and look at how all the women cover up while working, look at the local women at the beach..
Hell, my gf hates going to the beach cause she does not want her skin any darker...
Look at the wife's/gf's of the rich locals, 95% or more will be lighter skin.

Dark= dirty... look at all the whitening creams out there..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

While I agree with Frank's observations in general, I find dark skinned women not only exotic,but erotic as well, especially at the moment they spread their legs and in the darkness a red welcoming rose appears.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 am in Thailand and i think Camboida
dark skin= work outside=manual labor-Poor

Drive aorund the countryside and look at how all the women cover up while working, look at the local women at the beach..
Hell, my gf hates going to the beach cause she does not want her skin any darker...
Look at the wife's/gf's of the rich locals, 95% or more will be lighter skin.

Dark= dirty... look at all the whitening creams out there..
Correct Richard! White = higher class
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Well in my opinion everyone looks better with a tan and the darker Khmer girls are the perfect shade, I couldn't imagine being with a pasty white lardy Western woman again.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

angkorjohn wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:27 am Well in my opinion everyone looks better with a tan and the darker Khmer girls are the perfect shade, I couldn't imagine being with a pasty white lardy Western woman again.
But Koreans are ok :D

Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

The three big historical cultural centres in SEA, the Khmer, the Burmese and the Javanese empires were all dark skinned originally. Their descendents make up the largest part of the general population of SEA.

The original people here were negritos, similar to the modern day Andamanese. They're black, small ad have fuzzy hair. That's where the 'true' Khmers got their fuzzy hair from.

Ethnic khmers are dark skinned, the lighter skinned ones generally have some Chinese (or other) in them. As others said: the Chinese have dominated commerce in the whole region for ages. So it's normal that they often ended up in the top tiers of society. When colonials needed merchants, they imported them from China or India (Malaysia/Burma). That's also a reason why sometimes the Chinese integrate and sometimes they don't:
-They assimilated generally well in Thailand (take up Thai names, consider themselves Thai or Sino-Thai vs Chinese etc).
-Did not assimilate much in Indonesia.
One reason brought up is that in Thailand they saw a strong culture. Thailand at the time was culturally vibrant, was not colonized so the Chinese saw it in their best interests to intermingle to reach higher status. In Indonesia on the other hand, they usually sided and associated with the Dutch because they saw them as the leaders and the natives as culturally inferior (the Majapahit empire having collapsed earlier) and being a middle-tier group, had nothing to gain by associating or assimilating with the native groups which were at the bottom of the totem pole. Thus different levels of assimilation are visible throughout the region (and the world). That being said, the Chinese have such a strong and ancient culture that it's rarely completely assimilated imo.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic