Why are there so many meth users-in South East Asia?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Why are there so many meth users-in South East Asia?

Post by Jimmy Crow »

:stir:

East and Southeast Asia are the world's largest markets for synthetic drugs. With rising demand for methamphetamines, health is not the only thing to suffer. The drug trade is also slowing development, say experts.
The use of synthetic drugs, particularly methamphetamines, is escalating rapidly in East and South East Asia. Powerfully addictive stimulants, methamphetamines can deliver a euphoric high but come with devastating side effects including brain damage, psychosis and severe decay as well as loss of teeth known as "meth mouth" - a tell-tale sign which could become increasingly recognizable across the region.

More on this subject here : http://m.dw.com/en/asias-meth-habit-syn ... a-17868210
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Why are there so many meth users-in South East Asia?

Post by phuketrichard »

its cheap and it fucks u up
largest manufacture is across the border in the shan /kachin states in Myanmar
which the government does NOT control
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Meth Capital of the world: USA ?

Post by Jimmy Crow »

So according to professor Google,USA tops the list and coming in second is AUSTRALIA,I guess I’ve never seen an African on meth so Africa clearly doesn’t make the list.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Well meth-heads tend to be ignorant and uneducated, which probably describes most SE Asians.
Sounds like a match made in heaven.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Gary, indiana
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

If you buy me lots of gear,
I'll happily suck you dry my dear,
I play more naughty than nice,
When you fill me full of ice,
Fill the pipe, light it, give it a twirl,
and watch be me your dirty girl,
If you smell don't worry I'll hold my breath,
As long as you get me high on all of your meth
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Probably more meth users in Australia and NZ. And more hillbilly heroin users in the US. [Mod edit: Name calling removed.]
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

fax wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 am If you buy me lots of gear,
I'll happily suck you dry my dear,
I play more naughty than nice,
When you fill me full of ice,
Fill the pipe, light it, give it a twirl,
and watch be me your dirty girl,
If you smell don't worry I'll hold my breath,
As long as you get me high on all of your meth
I love your poetry! :)
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Australia (and NZ) suffers from the fact that they can't get any coke and meth is easy to make from legally available sources. In the UK we don't have a meth problem because you can get skag and coke aplenty. I'm surprised NZ doesn't have a bigger heroin problem given that they grow huge amounts of opium poppies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic