Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

Post by that genius »

LOL so are Cassius, Langston, Sammy, Joe, Bernie, Sydney, John, Michael Clark Duncan

The days of race-specific names are largely over
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Full Time Teaching Position for Native English Speakers in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: $400

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

With only 10 kids, you might get paid $400 for the first month then paid excuses the next month and told to wait as things will improve.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

theres not many jobs id ever work those hours for that pay
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

That post was reported on PPJA and I asked the reporter what the specific complaint was. He responded that there was no specific complaint, but come one! I decided that the job was paying higher than minimum wage, if the poster was game enough to post it and wear the ensuing abuse, go for it. It's interesting that the poster has since deleted his own comments about people who don't work 12 hours a day, seven days a week (like him) being lazy. I would hate to work for an employer with an attitude and expectation like that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I woulda roasted the mofo.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

It's interesting that the poster has since deleted his own comments about people who don't work 12 hours a day, seven days a week (like him) being lazy.
It's a bit different working all hours when you get to keep all the resulting upside (profits and value of the business), versus doing it for a fixed salary which itself is held down by the fact other people are also competing to work otherwise they'd starve.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

finbar wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:32 pm
It's interesting that the poster has since deleted his own comments about people who don't work 12 hours a day, seven days a week (like him) being lazy.
It's a bit different working all hours when you get to keep all the resulting upside (profits and value of the business), versus doing it for a fixed salary which itself is held down by the fact other people are also competing to work otherwise they'd starve.
You are a moron.

Read the Labour Act, clown.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

Focus on the letters, they'll stop jumping around. Then read the sentence again.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

I applied for a job once at Pritzer Academy in SR that paid $40,000 per year plus the usual benefits.

I'm guessing that was a hi-end teachers salary in SR but ISSR is looking for experienced, certified teachers for $18,500 per year and thats for teaching hard sciences not ESL.

Who could possibly live on such a salary unless they are NQT or retired and just supplementing their income.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

AmericanSteve wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:54 pm I applied for a job once at Pritzer Academy in SR that paid $40,000 per year plus the usual benefits.

I'm guessing that was a hi-end teachers salary in SR but ISSR is looking for experienced, certified teachers for $18,500 per year and thats for teaching hard sciences not ESL.

Who could possibly live on such a salary unless they are NQT or retired and just supplementing their income.
I agree.

Anything under $1500 pm plus visa/WP etc is a joke.

For specific subjects like Science etc. I think you should be asking close to $2K/month
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic