Who is this Female Vigilante Wannabe Bothering a Father with his Kids on Riverside?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Who is this Female Vigilante Wannabe Bothering a Father with his Kids on Riverside?

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This was sent to CEO about an expat woman on Phnom Penh's Riverside bothering a father out with his kids on a Sunday afternoon:

"This afternoon I was enjoying lunch at La Croisette with my two kids and a local expat friend. An expat woman came over asking my kids lots of questions. It seemed pretty innocent at first but then it became apparent her implication was that they were not my kids, and that her questioning was somehow intended to prove this and some wrongdoing on my part. I interjected at that point but she started telling me it was better to be safe than sorry and that you can’t be too careful, as if she was some vigilante saving the country. I told her she was done talking to us and to go away in a controlled but firm manner (not wanting to upset my kids). She continued to try and justify her actions but eventually she left.

I have been in Cambodia for many, many years but never had such an experience. I find it shocking that a self-appointed vigilante is able to, at will, interrupt the quiet enjoyment of my Sunday family time with such insinuations. Her suggestion that we were paedophiles for sitting in a restaurant with my own children is horrifying. Being accused wrongly of such a heinous crime is disgusting, and not something to throw around lightly. She suggested that she had been in Cambodia for 20 years but I don’t believe it given her inability to discern that my kids are not 100% Khmer (which is blindingly obvious to anyone who’s been here for any length of time) and her complete misreading of the situation.

This cannot be allowed to become the norm, hence my contact with CEO. I would like to know if anyone can tell me the name and position of this person, so that I can at least identify her and then consider any further action I might take to prevent a recurrence for us or anyone else.

She sounded American or possibly Canadian.

Attached is a photo of her.
"

ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Who is this Female Vigilante Wannabe Bothering a Father with his Kids on Riverside?

Post by Username Taken »

Is she Italian?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Who is this Female Vigilante Wannabe Bothering a Father with his Kids on Riverside?

Post by phuketrichard »

why did u let her sit down?<
Someone tried that with my daughter and me way back in 2006 when she was 12, in Phnom Pehn. I told her to leave and got the restaurants manger to make her leave, happened also in SR.
BUT it never happened in Thailand, Laos, Singapore, France, Greece or America

What happened to mind ur own business??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Before i saw the pics, and was reading the story, i instantly thought that it could’ve been Belinda Brainwashed...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

why do u need her information to prevent a recurrence? u expecting recurrence from her? if not why need to identify her? :unknown:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:Is she Italian?
I forgot to mention that they thought she sounded "American or possibly Canadian."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Username Taken wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 pm Is she Italian?
Lol, is that alluding to the similar incident that happened to LTO?

RIP and bless his heart, he handled that situation with far more aplomb and gentlemanly grace than I certainly could have mustered if I were in his shoes.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Happened to me once, a long time ago as I was in the check-out line at Lucky supermarket. Lady asked, ,, are those your ( 2 ) kids. I said, well they are as soon as I pay for them, but there is plenty left on the shelf down the isle in the baby section, go buy your own.

End of conversation.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:59 pm I would like to know if anyone can tell me the name and position of this person, so that I can at least identify her and then consider any further action I might take to prevent a recurrence for us or anyone else.[/IMG]
Good idea, if we can identify her you could stick her with a defamation suit. I would bet that she hasn't been here for long at all, she's probably just a short-term volunteer like that silly woman in Kampot who got completely disowned by the organization she thought she could speak for. I'm lucky in that my kid looks very like me, others probably face way more scrutiny.

Here's an article about an old friend (who I haven't seen in years but the point still stands) and his daughter who had some terrible aspersions thrown at them over the years:

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/14299 ... d-fathers/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm
Here's an article about an old friend (who I haven't seen in years but the point still stands) and his daughter who had some terrible aspersions thrown at them over the years:

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/14299 ... d-fathers/
Damn.

"In Phnom Penh, a city renowned for sex tourism and almost weekly pedophilia scandals, many people are swift to connect the dots when they see a middle-aged white man with a young girl of Asian descent. Sex tourists are so common that the term “sexpat” is commonly used throughout Southeast Asia"
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic