Can you recommend a decent DENTIST?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Can you recommend a decent DENTIST?

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello - I need a dentist. The little bit of tooth remaining under a gold crown has cracked. So gonna need some injections, possibly an x-ray - etc - I am not too far from the Eurodental Clinic on St 306 - if anyone knows that one or has other recommendations - I'll be glad to hear them. Thanks.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Can you recommend a decent DENTIST?

Post by frank lee bent »

the most expensive and arguably best is Roomchang
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

IMHO, through experience, Malis Dental Clinic on the 13th floor in Phnom Penh Tower, Monivong and St. 232. Owned by highly skilled Japanese dentist. Very modern and sanitary with a wide range of services at reasonable cost.

http://www.malis-dental.com
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:32 pm the most expensive and arguably best is Roomchang
I just went to Roomchanng 2 days ago for a check-up and general clean. Lovely guys that seemed to know what they were doing and weren't trying to sell me additional treatments that I don't need. They charged $25, thought that wasn't too expensive. Are other dentists that much cheaper?

edit: they also have a very clear price plan on their website: http://roomchang.com/dental-overseas-costs/
Specific to the question here I think the xray is $6.
just noise, white noise
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

Thank you - these prices are amazing, I knew I put up with all the other stuff here for a reason. In London I was paying $400 for an X-Ray - $150 just for a check up. I'll look into these options.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

A check up at most dentists is $10. But you might not get the aircon lobby or free coffee machine they got at roomchang.

They do push for extra services and procedures, they phoned me several times after I mentioned extra work I ended up doing elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. That did it for me there. The check ups are all done by beginners and the real dentists are only there for me expensive work like root canal.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Roomchang on 184? I went there last year and the guy pushed for a ludicrous amount of unnecessary treatments. Nice waiting room and an amazing x-ray machine. But I spent $60 on cleaning and x-rays. I won't go back.
I try to wait until I am next passing through Thailand but if I have to go in PP, I like D-Care on st. 23.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

If you go over to Vietnam.... Far East Dental Clinic in Saigon... Most staff/practitioners trained in Paris and New York. Excellent clinic. Had 3 crowns and an implant for $660 USD. Check ups free. Fillings $5-10
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Artful Dodger wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 pm If you go over to Vietnam.... Far East Dental Clinic in Saigon... Most staff/practitioners trained in Paris and New York. Excellent clinic. Had 3 crowns and an implant for $660 USD. Check ups free. Fillings $5-10
Cheaper than Thailand it seems ?
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Ok my first reply made it seem like it was my first time going to roomchang, I already go there for 3 years twice a year. They never tried to sell me anything additional. The only thing they always tell me is to stop smoking 3 packs a day. I guess my teeth must really be perfect after reading the other replies here. The only times they call me is to say it's time for a clean and check-up. Different people different experiences. If I would ever need to have heavy work done I would probably shop around too though.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic