Bad experience with a landlord, what can I do?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bad experience with a landlord, what can I do?

Post by John Bingham »

Johanna Higgs wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:13 am Hello there everyone!

I had a particularly bad experience with a landlord named Maya Sorn in Phnom Penh. I would very much like to report her or at least be able to warn others who might want to stay with her. Would anybody have any suggestions about what I can do?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
I would suggest not using your real name while posting your landlady's name. That's defamation and you can bet you won't win if it goes any further. You can do it in a roundabout way, and maybe explain why it is we should beware of renting from her?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Equipment
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Equipment »

yes indeed try to post anonymous. if you need advice try to type out the story/situation.. so we will try to give you advice.
after all is done and you moved you will post her photos and name and so on..
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

Johanna Higgs wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:13 am Hello there everyone!

I had a particularly bad experience with a landlord named Maya Sorn in Phnom Penh. I would very much like to report her or at least be able to warn others who might want to stay with her. Would anybody have any suggestions about what I can do?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
If you're having landlord problems, I think Ned knows a guy... :stir:
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

You can't do anything. You're a plebeian and a foreigner to boot. Welcome to Cambodia.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

What can you do, probably nothing, just move on. I had a girlfriend who tried to murder me and she's probably trying to murder another foreigner
right now if she hasn't done so already. Unfortunately if I did something about it, I could never go back to Cambodia as she was connected to the police.
Welcome to Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic