British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

Maryjane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 am Did anyone se him ? Was he safe ?
Hello Maryjane,
Condolences for the death of your family member. All I can suggest is that you call the phone number below in order to to talk to the manager of the hotel who may have details for you concerning the deceased. Wasn't he traveling with friends ? They should be more help to you than some strangers on an internet forum.
All the best, AM
Citizen 01
Tourist
Laos

Re: British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Citizen 01 »

Hello i have some information regarding the death of ibrahim baig. First i want to offer my condolences to the family and i have know direct contact with them so i hope this information will reach them through CEO.
Ibrahim was not just holidaying in Phnom Penh he was working as a telemarketing executive for a so called BOILER ROOM which sells bogus stock market shares to clients overseas. The boiler room he worked for was owned by 02 british crooks who are doing well through their legit businesses in Phnom Penh. The 02 crooks are non other than BARRY and JAMES the owners for SEAPS (SOUTH EAST ASIA PROPERTY SERVICES & SHANANIGANS GUEST HOUSE & CHAPLINS BAR in Phnom Penh.)
Ibrahim was given free accommodation at shananigans guest house (where he died)
As people who know these two crookes personally will know that they have a reputation for being such as mafia like Bosses.
The day Ibrahim died he was given some high grade heroin to snort saying it was just cocaine. The real story he was given heroin to snort is still a mistery.
But what concerns me most is that barry or James was never questioned regarding this matter. Maybe they paid the officials to report is as a normal drug overdose. Now we all know how easy it is to buy drugs in Phnom Penh. So what bothers me most is that knowing Ibrahim for a few days where i met him a few times he wasn't a drug using person. And he was found with a empty 10card pack of sleeping pills i guess it was diazepam ( not sure) i know its been awhile but theres something doggy about his death and his family should know that he was employed by two mobsters who run a few boiler rooms in Phnom Penh.
Cheers
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I know the manager, I’ll pop in tomorrow.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:03 pm I know the manager, I’ll pop in tomorrow.
:stir: Do not get involved somebody is pulling your pigtials :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Citizen 01
Tourist
Laos

Post by Citizen 01 »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:10 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:03 pm I know the manager, I’ll pop in tomorrow.
:stir: Do not get involved somebody is pulling your pigtials :hattip:
I have gathered solid information about this BOILER ROOM scam and how they try to take our hard earned money and how they convince people to even liquidate our superannuations so that we could send them the funds instead. I'm working with all relevant authorities here in Australia to track down each and every possible boiler room and shut them down. I'm worried deeply if this had anything to do with Ibrahims death since he was a good mate of mine. I hope this information will reach Ibrahims family so that they would know exactly what took place.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:please: nothing like letting the cat out off the bag,i would not post on forums until you had solid evidence. :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I guess the info should have reached the family when it was discussed at great length last October... Did you research that giant thread about the boiler rooms?

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:38 pm Interesting. I remember the British tourist, Ibrahim Baig, who died in Phnom Penh being in the news. It was a strange death.

British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Indeed. Many questions remained unanswered.
They said that the deceased arrived in Cambodia as a tourist, but he may well have relocated to Phnom Penh after answering an ad such as this one:
From the OP link:
A Bangkok bar ‘Shenanigans’, just as ‘Shenanigans’ Phnom Penh is today, was a notorious haunt of boiler room scammers. The Bangkok pub has since changed both its name and clientele.
At the time Barry John Wilson was operating a boiler room from a private house guarded by men in military uniform in Phnom Penh. The villa was under the control of his property company. The scammers who worked there were picked up at Shenanigans bar each morning at 5am and were driven to the villa and told not to bring mobile phones.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh! I didn’t take note of the date, my bad.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Citizen 01
Tourist
Laos

Post by Citizen 01 »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:40 pm :please: nothing like letting the cat out off the bag,i would not post on forums until you had solid evidence. :hattip:
Well its true I don't have solid proof as in black or white. But a member from the first response medical team who is a khmer shared some information which didn't go on the medical report. Like. Ibrahim didn't die in his room he was in a someone else's room . And also that his laptop and mobile phone was missing from his room. There was another asian lad with him in the room when he passed away. So these little information which are missing from the report is kinda dodggy .the whole deal is kinda dodggy.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Citizen 01 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:19 am a member from the first response medical team who is a khmer shared some information which didn't go on the medical report.

his laptop and mobile phone was missing from his room.

the whole deal is kinda dodggy.
Of course it's dodgy, it's a death of a barang. Let me ask you about these investigations. Have you ever done one before? Do you have any experience from the military, special forces or such?

Your friend died in another room and someone nicked his valuables. I think you need more to call it a murder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic