British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Phnom Poon »

Manofjustice wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:42 pm Again if you don't have the info don't speak cos its f all to do with u then. Just wait for the press release
like everyone else.
If my first post offended you then you clearly have something do to with it or do u side with criminals often?
I came on the website thinking I was talking to adults to me it is clear you are not.
For everyone to joke around a dead person was ok don't be butt hurt when I point out your real life
if the discussion is about my subject then i have every right to ask on the page. You have no leg to stand on.

none cares what title you put on yourself. Sure I said some things inappropriately but eye for an eye. I hope u lighten up for mindset cos its dark where you going.
i want my taxes back
the education system is clearly not delivering

monstra mihi bona!
Manofjustice
BANNED
Brazil

Re: British Tourist Ibrahim Baig Dies in Shenanigans Guesthouse in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Manofjustice »

Ok. You are all right I'm wrong clearly too much insecurity. My approach has worked and I got the info I needed. Have u ever thought I never really needed info I just wanted to show myself and the rest of the people reading the mental state of xpats. No wonder there are countless deaths of foreigners with such a helpful community. I have seen dogs act more human than most of you.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Mods... please get rid of this idiot before I start calling him a cunt and/or other words that are considered offensive.

I am sure I have a good level of support for this request.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^If you don't feed them, they usually die from lack of attention. :suicide:
Manofjustice
BANNED
Brazil

Post by Manofjustice »

When hunting lions use meet when hunting flys use shit
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

That's profound, spelling not withstanding. You have clearly missed your calling as a sage, or some other aromatic herb.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I'd just like to say Merry Christmas to Seawolf. Hope all your Christmases are whyte.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:24 am ^If you don't feed them, they usually die from lack of attention. :suicide:
Exactly!
Interesting paper here: https://clok.uclan.ac.uk/4980/2/Hardake ... 20ACMC.pdf

Trolling in asynchronous computer-mediated communication: From user discussions to academic definitions
Hardaker, Claire

short extract below:
In short, this paper suggests the following, working definition of the term “troll”: A troller is a CMC user who constructs the identity of sincerely wishing to be part of the group in question, including profess-ing, or conveying pseudo-sincere intentions, but whose real intention(s)is/are to cause disruption and/or to trigger or exacerbate conflict for the purposes of their own amusement. Just like malicious impoliteness, trolling can (1) be frustrated if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, bu tare not provoked into responding (cf. example 35), (2) be thwarted,if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, but counter in such a way as to curtail or neutralize the success of the troller (cf. examples 4446),(3)fail, if users do not correctly interpret an intent to troll and are not provoked by the troller, or, (4)succeed, if users are deceived into believing the troller’s pseudo-intention(s), and are provoked into responding sincerely (cf. example 39). Finally, users can mock troll(cf. example 25). That is, they may undertake what appears to be trolling with the aim of enhancing or increasing affect, or group cohesion.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:13 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:24 am ^If you don't feed them, they usually die from lack of attention. :suicide:
Exactly!
Interesting paper here: https://clok.uclan.ac.uk/4980/2/Hardake ... 20ACMC.pdf

Trolling in asynchronous computer-mediated communication: From user discussions to academic definitions
Hardaker, Claire

short extract below:
In short, this paper suggests the following, working definition of the term “troll”: A troller is a CMC user who constructs the identity of sincerely wishing to be part of the group in question, including profess-ing, or conveying pseudo-sincere intentions, but whose real intention(s)is/are to cause disruption and/or to trigger or exacerbate conflict for the purposes of their own amusement. Just like malicious impoliteness, trolling can (1) be frustrated if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, bu tare not provoked into responding (cf. example 35), (2) be thwarted,if users correctly interpret an intent to troll, but counter in such a way as to curtail or neutralize the success of the troller (cf. examples 4446),(3)fail, if users do not correctly interpret an intent to troll and are not provoked by the troller, or, (4)succeed, if users are deceived into believing the troller’s pseudo-intention(s), and are provoked into responding sincerely (cf. example 39). Finally, users can mock troll(cf. example 25). That is, they may undertake what appears to be trolling with the aim of enhancing or increasing affect, or group cohesion.
Just goes to prove that academics have one understanding of the term 'in short', the rest of us have another. And now for my two penn'orth: anyone using the alias 'Man of Justice' is either a super hero fan from way back or a total dick. You decide. Secondly, this 'English' guy with a very un-English name died nearly 8 months ago - has life become so dull that these old posts are being rehashed for the amusement of the CEO elite, or was there a point relevant to today? Thats all, Hppy Xms, havea grt NY - peace out.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lagrange wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:43 am Secondly, this 'English' guy with a very un-English name died nearly 8 months ago - has life become so dull that these old posts are being rehashed for the amusement of the CEO elite, or was there a point relevant to today? Thats all, Hppy Xms, havea grt NY - peace out.
mate it was may 2018 this article got posted, 2 YEARS and 7 months ago :unknown:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic