Way to go American Justice System

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Appropriate sentence for this dude.

PORTLAND, Ore. — A U.S. jury found a Christian missionary from Oregon guilty Wednesday of multiple sex abuse charges for molesting children living at an unlicensed Cambodian orphanage that he operated in Phnom Penh over a period of years.

Daniel Stephen Johnson, 40, was convicted of six counts of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place and one count each of travel with the intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct and aggravated sexual assault with children. He faces a minimum of 30 years in prison when sentenced in August in Eugene, Oregon.

Federal public defender Craig Weinerman did not return calls or e-mail from The Associated Press seeking comment after business hours Wednesday. His co-counsel, Lisa Maxfield, declined comment.

U.S. authorities said nine Cambodian children ranging in age from 7 to 18 have disclosed Johnson’s abuse or past abuse in lengthy interviews with trained child-forensic interviewers. The FBI launched an extensive investigation of Johnson and his potential victims after learning of the case in 2013, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Portland said.

“The despicable nature of this defendant’s conduct is beyond understanding,” said Billy Williams, U.S. attorney for the District of Oregon.

“The fact that this defendant abused children under the guise of being a missionary and orphanage director is appalling.”

Johnson first molested a child at the orphanage during a trip in 2005, according to court documents.

Local law enforcement issued a warrant for Johnson’s arrest in an unrelated matter in 2013 in Lincoln County, Oregon. Johnson was located overseas and his passport as revoked based on the Oregon warrant. It wasn’t immediately clear what the local case involved and a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office didn’t return a request for details.

The FBI then partnered with a non-profit that combats child exploitation in Cambodia and the Cambodian National Police to locate Johnson in Phnom Penh.

He was arrested in 2013 by Cambodian authorities and indicted the following year in the U.S. on one count of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign place.

Johnson was extradited to the U.S. after completing a one-year prison sentence in Cambodia as U.S. authorities sought to build their case.

Seven more charges were added in 2017.

While in custody, Johnson tried to tamper with witnesses and contact his victims online, bribing them with gifts and promises of money to change their testimony, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a statement.

More details on the case were not immediately available and many court documents in the case are filed under seal.

[URL][

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jacobincambodia on Fri May 18, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Way to go American Justice System

Post by that genius »

Now if only they'd bring Kissinger up, we might actually believe in Justice.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Lol... given the, at times, prevalent anti US tenor of CEO, I read the OP title and expected it to be a slam against the US. Hence my confusion at reading the article.

The minimum at 30 years would probably be a life sentence for this scum at any rate. Hopefully he'll get much more.

Either way, it'll be protective custody in solitary confinement for this guy, the general population lifers love to get their hands on pedo's and slice them from ear to ear with a sharpened Bic handle.

Hopefully he'll be living in fear for the rest of his wretched days.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Brody wrote:Lol... given the, at times, prevalent anti US tenor of CEO, I read the OP title and expected it to be a slam against the US. Hence my confusion at reading the article.

The minimum at 30 years would probably be a life sentence for this scum at any rate. Hopefully he'll get much more.

Either way, it'll be protective custody in solitary confinement for this guy, the general population lifers love to get their hands on pedo's and slice them from ear to ear with a sharpened Bic handle.

Hopefully he'll be living in fear for the rest of his wretched days.
He’s not going anywhere. Personally, I’d be a fan of the death sentence. But I know a lot of people are against that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I'll do it for free
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

that genius wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 pm I'll do it for free
What utter bollocks.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Yeah, I'd remove those too., and yours if you did what he did.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Appropriate
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Fuck the American Justice system!
Its a total and complete scam!
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

Now if only they'd bring Kissinger up, we might actually believe in Justice.
I'd like that Nazi cunt Kissenger to answer this guy:

To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic