Renting an Apartment in Phnom Penh

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Boycie
Tourist
Great Britain

Renting an Apartment in Phnom Penh

Post by Boycie »

Hi all,

Just taken the trip across. Arrived Monday. Have a hotel booked till Monday 21st. Have got the option to extend my stay at the hotel for a further week.

Looking to stay in PP for 1 year so I am looking for a long term rent.

Looking to spend around $200-300 pm.
Western style.
Furnished.
Balcony would be great.

I was passed a number on by a bartender in sun dance for an estate agent but would like to see what other options I have.

I’m currently around 174 and would like to rent around here or close by. Russian market is too far away.

Thanks!
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Renting in PP

Post by YeP »

Ask Harry the owner of Sundance on 172 he and his wife generally know of places to rent around that area though you may have to pay more than you have said
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Look for small signs on the front of buildings, and even on upper balconies, that say

ផ្ទះជួល (house for rent) Sometimes it might even be in English.
Boycie
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Boycie »

YeP wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:02 pm Ask Harry the owner of Sundance on 172 he and his wife generally know of places to rent around that area though you may have to pay more than you have said
Is that the gentleman with the sideburns?

Yeah I wasn’t too sure on prices. I’ve had a look online. Few options but always good to ask about
Boycie
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Boycie »

Username Taken wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 pm Look for small signs on the front of buildings, and even on upper balconies, that say

ផ្ទះជួល (house for rent) Sometimes it might even be in English.
Ah good shout. I’m off a wander today so I will have a look about and see what there is.
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

Boycie wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 pm
YeP wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:02 pm Ask Harry the owner of Sundance on 172 he and his wife generally know of places to rent around that area though you may have to pay more than you have said

Yeah I wasn’t too sure on prices. I’ve had a look online. Few options but always good to ask about

Yes thats him

There is also a Wisemans Guide to renting here on this site definitely worth the read
Boycie
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Boycie »

YeP wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:20 pm
Boycie wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Yes thats him

There is also a Wisemans Guide to renting here on this site definitely worth the read
Yeah I’ll pop round and see if he has any info!

Just had a read through it. Very informative and interesting
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

khmer24.com rental listings
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Before u commit to a year lease an pay deposits and such, are u employed? Are you over 55?
if not, how will you extend ur visa to stay?
its not as easy as just paying some $$
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Boycie
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Boycie »

jmagic wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 pm khmer24.com rental listings
Yeah had a look on there before I left the UK. Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic