Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by General Mackevili »

cannabistourist wrote:To friends in EU who wanted to try local $hit.
Holy shit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cannabistourist wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm What risk ? You really think that people in EU fear to get caught for 10g of weed ? They fuxxin don't care even for 1kg. Cops would not even visit if a parcel with 10g weed was caught, it happened went send from other countries.
They will - to tax it.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cannabistourist wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm What risk ? You really think that people in EU fear to get caught for 10g of weed ? They fuxxin don't care even for 1kg. Cops would not even visit if a parcel with 10g weed was caught, it happened went send from other countries.
In Germany getting caught with 10 grams of weed can certainly get you into trouble.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

hanno wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 pm
In Germany getting caught with 10 grams of weed can certainly get you into trouble.
Friends caught there, only got a fine that they never paid.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cannabistourist wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:08 pm
hanno wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 pm
Friends caught there, only got a fine that they never paid.
Well, a friend of mine got caught with two grams. Although courts have been told to drop the case for small amounts like that, they do not have to. That particular prosecutor insisted, friend got a fine of EUR 600.00. He went into revision and got an additional 3 months without parole....
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 am express mail service, run by an international postal union, abt 1/2 theprice of dhl et al
https://www.ems.post/en
Cheaper indeed but you get what you pay for. I find the service to be quite unreliable.
From my experience in SHV (and I doubt any delay greater than 24hrs to be from the local postman fault) it often take twice the time sending documents to some major European capital compared to the equivalent DHL service from PP. Once an ordinary letter I sent the day after to the same destination arrived a few days before the EMS enveloppe...
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Pretty sure that when it's sent they don't care, it's only receiving. It still may go through the X-ray.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Yeah, whoever heard of local officials taking an opportunity to earn money?
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by SlackWaster »

Well, that went down hill quickly it's not actually narcotics, but it is sensitive information that I don't want them seeing. Thanks anyway, I'll give it a go.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

People who post about how easy it is to smuggle things through the post are probably Narcs.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic