Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16500
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1547
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by General Mackevili » Fri May 18, 2018 3:54 pm

cannabistourist wrote:To friends in EU who wanted to try local $hit.
Holy shit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 1726
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 535
Cambodia

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by Kammekor » Fri May 18, 2018 4:05 pm

cannabistourist wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm
What risk ? You really think that people in EU fear to get caught for 10g of weed ? They fuxxin don't care even for 1kg. Cops would not even visit if a parcel with 10g weed was caught, it happened went send from other countries.
They will - to tax it.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4652
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1066
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by hanno » Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 pm

cannabistourist wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm
What risk ? You really think that people in EU fear to get caught for 10g of weed ? They fuxxin don't care even for 1kg. Cops would not even visit if a parcel with 10g weed was caught, it happened went send from other countries.
In Germany getting caught with 10 grams of weed can certainly get you into trouble.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 am
Reputation: -23
United States of America

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by cannabistourist » Fri May 18, 2018 4:08 pm

hanno wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 pm
cannabistourist wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm
What risk ? You really think that people in EU fear to get caught for 10g of weed ? They fuxxin don't care even for 1kg. Cops would not even visit if a parcel with 10g weed was caught, it happened went send from other countries.
In Germany getting caught with 10 grams of weed can certainly get you into trouble.
Friends caught there, only got a fine that they never paid.
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4652
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1066
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by hanno » Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 pm

cannabistourist wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:08 pm
hanno wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 pm
cannabistourist wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm
What risk ? You really think that people in EU fear to get caught for 10g of weed ? They fuxxin don't care even for 1kg. Cops would not even visit if a parcel with 10g weed was caught, it happened went send from other countries.
In Germany getting caught with 10 grams of weed can certainly get you into trouble.
Friends caught there, only got a fine that they never paid.
Well, a friend of mine got caught with two grams. Although courts have been told to drop the case for small amounts like that, they do not have to. That particular prosecutor insisted, friend got a fine of EUR 600.00. He went into revision and got an additional 3 months without parole....
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 1:12 pm
Reputation: 77
Cambodia

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by Barang_doa_slae » Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm

frank lee bent wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:14 am
express mail service, run by an international postal union, abt 1/2 theprice of dhl et al
https://www.ems.post/en
Cheaper indeed but you get what you pay for. I find the service to be quite unreliable.
From my experience in SHV (and I doubt any delay greater than 24hrs to be from the local postman fault) it often take twice the time sending documents to some major European capital compared to the equivalent DHL service from PP. Once an ordinary letter I sent the day after to the same destination arrived a few days before the EMS enveloppe...
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2807
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 435
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by cptrelentless » Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Pretty sure that when it's sent they don't care, it's only receiving. It still may go through the X-ray.
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by that genius » Fri May 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah, whoever heard of local officials taking an opportunity to earn money?
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 8:51 pm
Reputation: 16
Great Britain

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by SlackWaster » Sat May 19, 2018 1:51 am

Well, that went down hill quickly it's not actually narcotics, but it is sensitive information that I don't want them seeing. Thanks anyway, I'll give it a go.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 6252
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 2153
Yemen

Re: Do EMS letters get searched leaving PP PO?

Post by John Bingham » Sat May 19, 2018 2:52 am

People who post about how easy it is to smuggle things through the post are probably Narcs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: clutchcargo, Pedroviera, shnoukieBRO, timmydownawell and 72 guests