any taste like lemonade etc. but still 5% or more alcohol

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

any taste like lemonade etc. but still 5% or more alcohol

Post by zmth »

Philippines is in general a horror story and where u don't want to be but they got one most amazing thing that has really spoiled me in a sense. They have these amazing alcholic drinks 5% or more content and cannot taste anything like that god awful beer and other alcoholic drinks and all at the same lowest local prices of other regular beers . First and best is tanduay ice zero - and 5% alcohol and only 90 calories - can find it in some supermarkets but have yet to find any bar that serves it. Then there are the other more that taste about the same or little sweeter(a little too sweet actually) but seem
all over 300 calories and some at 6% alcohol. All of them it's a wonder and taste about like lemonade - cannot tell there is any alcohol in it by taste and can be warm and completely flat and still taste ok. 2ndly there is a beer again at lowest local price called Smirnoff Mule also does not have that god awful taste of beer but at over 300 calories. Is there anything like these in Cambodia?
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: any taste like lemonade etc. but still 5% or more alcohol

Post by Felgerkarb »

"tanduay ice zero - and 5% alcohol and only 90 calories"

Sweet or not, you got my attention here. You can buy this in the stores in Cambodia?
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Smirnoff Mules? Ethanol, colour, sugar and water.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

Felgerkarb wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:58 pm "tanduay ice zero - and 5% alcohol and only 90 calories"

Sweet or not, you got my attention here. You can buy this in the stores in Cambodia?
No I never did know of anything like that in Cambodia - that was the question. This is in Philippines . Truly amazing and it does get one just as inebriated as the usual 5 or 6% alcohol beer. I guess very few know it exists or... as have never found the only 90 calorie Tanduay ice zero for sale in any bars. And most don't even serve the higher caloried more usual ones. The taste of anything like beer or any alcoholic drink is so inconspicuous you could tell about anyone it was lemonade etc. type and they would believe it till they drank enough to start feeling inebriated.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Felgerkarb wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:58 pm "tanduay ice zero - and 5% alcohol and only 90 calories"

http://getdrunknotfat.com/
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

looks nice!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

There's a Japanese drink Chu Hi or something like that, lemon soju in the can, 5-6% alcohol and tasted low in sugar, I got wasted on it one day at the hotel(easy when the vending machine is outside your door), sounds like the same thing. Lately been trying to cut down my sugar intake(and not very successfully) so I mix soju with hot water with some lime, supposedly good for your circulation but I have to say it feels like a cleaner buzz :beer1:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Soju is Korean.
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Ricky Shaw wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 am Soju is Korean.
Yes and the Japanese drink the shit out of it, that's why it's in the vending machines in Japan everywhere.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Seasquatch wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:52 am
Ricky Shaw wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 am Soju is Korean.
Yes and the Japanese drink the shit out of it, that's why it's in the vending machines in Japan everywhere.
You may be thinking of Sochu; like Soju but Japanese made . I like these ones. Drank a few in Japan. You can buy similar ones in Aeon but not as nice. Ninja restaurant has them on their menu too. I like Japanese beer too and even made a pilgrimage to the Asahi headquarters in Tokyo.

This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic