Best burger near Riverside in Phnom Penh?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Best burger near Riverside in Phnom Penh?

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Not at the Riverside but on the burger subject. I had a chicken burger and fries at Lotteria at Aeon on the weekend. I had never eaten there before. The fries were like cardboard. I don't know what part of the chicken was in the patty, but it was bad. I felt sick all day. Haha.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm Not at the Riverside but on the burger subject. I had a chicken burger and fries at Lotteria at Aeon on the weekend. I had never eaten there before. The fries were like cardboard. I don't know what part of the chicken was in the patty, but it was bad. I felt sick all day. Haha.
Lotteria used to be BBWorld. A shame they changed the recipe after becoming Lotteria, I used to enjoy BBW burgers.
Tried Lotteria a couple of times, but didn't enjoy it. Haven't been back for a couple of years.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm Not at the Riverside but on the burger subject. I had a chicken burger and fries at Lotteria at Aeon on the weekend. I had never eaten there before. The fries were like cardboard. I don't know what part of the chicken was in the patty, but it was bad. I felt sick all day. Haha.
Ha ha ha - I went to one at Sorya to kill time before a movie, wife had the chicken legs and rice I decided I would have the "chicken burger". I imagined it would be something like a KFC chicken breast burger. What I got was a reconstituted disc of god knows what rubbery meat. it had a giant piece of iceberg lettuce chucked on top with the worst bbq sauce I've ever had on top, strangely on the bottom was some quite nice mustard, anyway, the flavors did not go together. after one bite i put it to be thrown away. I had to wait a further 5 mins for the fries that were supposed to come with it, wish I hadnt bothered I've had tastier wood chippings. I'll file it under, never go there again. Literally the worst food I've had in years.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

angkorjohn wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 pm
Ha ha ha - I went to one at Sorya to kill time before a movie, wife had the chicken legs and rice I decided I would have the "chicken burger". I imagined it would be something like a KFC chicken breast burger. What I got was a reconstituted disc of god knows what rubbery meat. it had a giant piece of iceberg lettuce chucked on top with the worst bbq sauce I've ever had on top, strangely on the bottom was some quite nice mustard, anyway, the flavors did not go together. after one bite i put it to be thrown away. I had to wait a further 5 mins for the fries that were supposed to come with it, wish I hadnt bothered I've had tastier wood chippings. I'll file it under, never go there again. Literally the worst food I've had in years.
LOL. It gets worse. I was so hungry, I had to eat mine. hahaha. I should have walked. :plus1:
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:46 pm
angkorjohn wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 pm
LOL. It gets worse. I was so hungry, I had to eat mine. hahaha. I should have walked. :plus1:
I feel bad that I didnt share my experience before your visit, would have saved you going through the same pain. :beer3:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Burger at the place directly opposite Blue Dolphin is pretty good
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

that genius wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm Burger at the place directly opposite Blue Dolphin is pretty good
OK. Last Friday, I had a fish burger at the Golden Home Restaurant. 50 cent beers, well presented food. I'd go back there. I know I'm running the risk of totally straying off topic here, but the Chicken fajitas at Cam's Burritos can't be beaten for quality or value. Sorry but I just had to say it.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

The lasagne in the Ruandan quarter of Seville is the best
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I've now tried all three burgers at Garage and even though I like blue cheese, eh, just not in a burger, so the regular cheeseburger there still gets my vote.

I ate at Lotteria once and that was once too much. They make McDonalds look fancy.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

The chicken burgers at Mama's New York Deli are great value. Add some bacon, cheese, and fries and it's a whole lot of food. For around 6 bucks.

I used to like the buffalo chicken burger at sundance, also massive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic