can anyone recommend me a tuk tuk driver in PP?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
catchy818
Tourist
Canada

can anyone recommend me a tuk tuk driver in PP?

Post by catchy818 »

I was hoping you could provide a whatsapp or email address. thank you
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: can anyone recommend me a tuk tuk driver in PP?

Post by StroppyChops »

catchy818 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:07 am I was hoping you could provide a whatsapp or email address. thank you
Ah bless. I'll go with the assumption you're NOT the latest sockpuppet, and advise that tuktuk drivers in Cambodia typically do not do business by email or WhatsApp. The traditional way of securing the regular services of a tuktuk driver is to stick your head out the front door, or gate, and give the chin-lift to one of the many men who will be waving to you, or clapping their hands at you, or yelling "tuk-tuk" accusingly, or already driving at you. If you like the services of that guy, ask for his phone number. Negotiate the price, every time, until he says "up to you" and then pay him according to whatever your last fare was, relative to distance and wait time. Buy him a couple of beers, and you have a loyal friend.

Alternatively, if you like Uber, download PassApp but be aware that your request can be rejected indefinitely if the drivers don't think the fare is worth fighting the traffic at that time. A regular driver is more reliable, but also more expensive. Rule of thumb is $10 per half day, $20 per full day - you can calculate percentages from there.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
blerrr9
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: can anyone recommend me a tuk tuk driver in PP?

Post by blerrr9 »

Just download PassApp and Grab or even Exnet Taxi, I'm doing fine with just this. You can order remorque tuk tuk or just a normal small tuk2 ( usually white, yellow, green and red color , hope you know what i mean). Grab bike also available in Phnom penh now. Most of these app give you a cheaper price rather than the normal clapping hands tuk tuk or waved at you.
YOLO

Follow your heart
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic