Visa to Japan for Cambodian citizen?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Visa to Japan for Cambodian citizen?

Post by cautious colin »

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience getting a tourist visa to Japan for a Cambodian citizen. Looking at the forms online they ask for a sponsor/guarantor but from what I can see they need to be a resident in Japan.

We would be travelling together so I suppose I would be the guarantor.

I assume they will want bank statements to prove enough money etc which I am happy to provide.

Any ideas of other documents needed and the likelihood of success would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cautious
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Visa to Japan for Cambodian citizen?

Post by General Mackevili »

I don't have an answer for you, but here's the list of all the countries that Cambodians can enter, and tells you if they need a visa, visa waiver because of ASEAN or if they just get a visa in arrival, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 am I don't have an answer for you, but here's the list of all the countries that Cambodians can enter, and tells you if they need a visa, visa waiver because of ASEAN or if they just get a visa in arrival, etc.

Thanks GM, although I know that they definitely need one and apparently it is not easy. Hopefully someone that has had success will be kind enough to share.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

cautious colin wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 am I don't have an answer for you, but here's the list of all the countries that Cambodians can enter, and tells you if they need a visa, visa waiver because of ASEAN or if they just get a visa in arrival, etc.

Thanks GM, although I know that they definitely need one and apparently it is not easy. Hopefully someone that has had success will be kind enough to share.
Bump.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:53 pm
cautious colin wrote:

Bump.
bumpity bump, someone need that knowledge? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

just get a fake employment to show she is currently employed in cambodia and a return ticket to show that she is planning to return and a hotel booking to show that she has a place to stay and some money in the bank to show that she has ability to spend in japan,

or else just simply put some deposit in japan embassy, that was what was needed of another country in ASEAN to go outside of ASEAN, dont quote me
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I've never tried to get a visa for a Cambodian to visit Japan. I'm curious too.

Has she traveled to other places and returned to Cambodia? I think that helps.

When I got my girlfriend a visa to visit Hong Kong, I included an itinerary of our activities. That itinerary was in the form of a letter from me to the embassy saying, basically, we've traveled before to the following countries and next month we want to visit Hong Kong and here's what we are planning to do.

Legally and officially, it shouldn't matter much that she is traveling white a white guy, but unofficially, I think it makes a huge difference. A young single Cambodian woman who travels alone outside Cambodia is presumed to be looking for work or a sex trafficking victim. It's not uncommon that when we land in a nearby country, even if she technically doesn't need a visa, or in the case of Hong Kong where she has the visa in hand, that the immigration officer will look at her like "What the fuck are you doing here?" until seeing me in the line behind her and saying "Oh, you're together, no problem."

The Japan application requirements do look a bit more daunting than Hong Kong but I don't know what their rejection rate is.

Let us know how it goes, but definitely make sure it's clear she's traveling with you.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:28 pm
When I got my girlfriend
I bet your mum breathed a sigh of relief.

:popcorn:
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Thanks for trying to help guys, it seems knowledge on this ares is pretty sparse. I will update when I have some more info.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just curious; have u given the embassy a call?

No.194, Moha Vithei Preah Norodom, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon
Phnom Penh P.O. Box 21, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

+855 23 217 161
http://www.kh.emb-japan.go.jp/consular/ ... ndex-e.htm

seems pretty straight forward and they give you samples to provide
Visa Application Documents

1.Visa Application Form(English)
2.Visa Application form Sample(English)
3.Letter of Reason for invitation(Japanese)(English)
4.List of Visa Applicants(Japanese)(English)
5.Schedule of stay(Japanese)(English)
6.Sample of Schedule of stay(Japanese)(English)
7.Letter of Guarantee(Japanese)(English)
8.Overviews of company/ organization(Japanese)(English)
http://www.kh.emb-japan.go.jp/consular/ ... 170703.pdf
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Yes, good idea, and I bet the Japanese embassy don't change their rules every day, and that every single person has the same information.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic