Flat -khmer style For Rent $300/month

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Re: Flat -khmer style For Rent $300/month

Post by Ashcroftie »

I cannot believe posters here saying: "nice flat"
Although the non-standard layout seems nice, $300 for only 40m2 with plastic ceilings and in a state like that is way over the top.
I suspect the 'bedroom' is on the mezzanine. The ceilings in the 'living room' seem quite low, too. And yes, I always wanted to have my fridge and washing machine right there in the living room. Because, as far as I can see, there's no real kitchen.
That 'bathroom': it's so small, you barely can stand in there, as is proven by the wash basin outside. Yeah! A wash basin right in your 'living room' like you always wanted! At least you can check whether your guests are washing their hands after having used the 'bath room'...
Plus - I don't know about you - but a "Stairway from Main Street" is a big NO-NO for me, when it comes to security (if what I think it is: an outside stairway directly leading to the flat).
I'd say: for this flat $180, and that's generous, more thinking in the range of $150 to be honest.
You can put in a nice couch and a large screen TV, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a very mediocre and extremely small flat.
The flat/apartment market is changing, if you haven't noticed. (And yes, Khmer have a difficulty realizing it's going downwards, price-wise, but in the end they'll have to accept it.)
When it comes to this flat, I'd say: maybe acceptable for a freshly arrived expat, but only to stay short time and find something better.
Last edited by Ashcroftie on Fri May 11, 2018 12:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

The times they are a changing , This would be heaven on earth in shitsville . Sihanoukville now is the absolute pits . Hate everything about it here anymore . Room , traffic , heat , no power , no lectric , no duck ( water ) , no decent accommodations, & no factions against the chinks . The usual rippoffs , ready to join the rest of the losers in kampot soon. ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

Shitsville has always been shit, way before the Chinese came in. Well, that was my opinion (based on years back) and still is. And if this flat is 'heaven on earth' to you, then shitsville has gone even further down the drain than I imagined. Although I have to admit 1 thing is going from bad to worse in Phnom Penh, too: traffic.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

hallelujah —- Never had any expierience with anything but basic square hotel like rooms ,or just basic rooms .. nothing sculpted out or original here like seen in the ads there in the big old scary city .. very interesting , but who would want to live there ? I would rather die of natural causes .. ✌️.
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ashcroftie wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 pm And yes, I always wanted to have my fridge and washing machine right there in the living room. Because, as far as I can see, there's no real kitchen.
haha... how long have you been here? its very common, Khmers dont use "real kitchens"

this is advertised as a Khmer style flat, why you judging by western standards, it is what it is
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Ken2016
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ken2016 »

bolueeleh wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:32 pm get more 200 to 300$ listings n post here, u will get more responses
Let's me collection properties to be list here , Thank you :beer3:
Comments For Improvement Pls !
Ken2016
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ken2016 »

Ashcroftie wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 pm I cannot believe posters here saying: "nice flat"
Although the non-standard layout seems nice, $300 for only 40m2 with plastic ceilings and in a state like that is way over the top.
I suspect the 'bedroom' is on the mezzanine. The ceilings in the 'living room' seem quite low, too. And yes, I always wanted to have my fridge and washing machine right there in the living room. Because, as far as I can see, there's no real kitchen.
That 'bathroom': it's so small, you barely can stand in there, as is proven by the wash basin outside. Yeah! A wash basin right in your 'living room' like you always wanted! At least you can check whether your guests are washing their hands after having used the 'bath room'...
Plus - I don't know about you - but a "Stairway from Main Street" is a big NO-NO for me, when it comes to security (if what I think it is: an outside stairway directly leading to the flat).
I'd say: for this flat $180, and that's generous, more thinking in the range of $150 to be honest.
You can put in a nice couch and a large screen TV, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a very mediocre and extremely small flat.
The flat/apartment market is changing, if you haven't noticed. (And yes, Khmer have a difficulty realizing it's going downwards, price-wise, but in the end they'll have to accept it.)
When it comes to this flat, I'd say: maybe acceptable for a freshly arrived expat, but only to stay short time and find something better.
Dear Ashcroftie
Thank you for your time to feedback , i will bring this information to the landlord .
Stay-tune with our next post with standard once !
Have a good day
Cheers :beer3:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

There are literally hundreds of places for $150-$200 between 271 and 371

4 bedrooms for $200-250, unfurnished, though.
Ken2016
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ken2016 »

that genius wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:22 am There are literally hundreds of places for $150-$200 between 271 and 371

4 bedrooms for $200-250, unfurnished, though.
Dear

That's too far from city center ! we try to post house along river area walking distance restaurant and bar ,however i will get some of list ,

Thank you
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:10 am
Ashcroftie wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 pm And yes, I always wanted to have my fridge and washing machine right there in the living room. Because, as far as I can see, there's no real kitchen.
haha... how long have you been here? its very common, Khmers dont use "real kitchens"

this is advertised as a Khmer style flat, why you judging by western standards, it is what it is
I've been living here for 15 years, thank you very much. And yes, I know what a 'Khmer-style' flat is. But such a flat (and especially this very small one) does not justify a price tag of $300. That was my criticism. Because, for a much lower price this would be an 'acceptable' flat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic