I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

Post by Cam Nivag »

An American poster named "splumlee" joined CEO in December.

He asked newbie questions about his pending move to Cambodia, like "How do I get a long term visa?" and "How do I get a cell phone?"

He also asked for advice on getting his TEFL certificate, and in that post he identified himself with his first and last name.

He last posted on January 29. That was on a thread about Siem Reap, and in that post he suggested that he had arrived in the country.

This week someone posted on the Siem Reap FB page that an American man with the same name was suffering from schizophrenia, talking to himself about God all the time, and has gone missing. Apparently, he has now been found and efforts are being made to return him to the USA.

Notably, an American with the same name has form in the USA for this very thing in West Virginia and Oklahoma:

Not sure if it's the same guy. But let's hope he gets the help he needs either way.
Last edited by Cam Nivag on Thu May 10, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Re: I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

Post by xxxxxxx »

Did he ever say in his posts why on earth he decided to move to Cambodia?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

Post by that genius »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:41 amNot sure if it's the same guy. But let's hope he gets the help he needs either way.
Do you honestly believe that posting all this negative stuff about him will help him?

He obviously has mental health issues, but will broadcasting it help him?

On the one hand you post shit about him, and then you garnish it it with 'hope he gets help' tail-end tactic.

Do you enjoy doing stuff like this? Does it make you feel better about yourself?
Last edited by that genius on Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

A guy with his name was arrested on August 21, 2015 for disorderly conduct, trespassing and telephone harassment. Then arrested a week later for false emergency report. The arrests were in West Virginia, he was identified as being from Oklahoma.

He has a youtube channel, of course: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCylg9E ... Dww/videos
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

that genius wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:04 am
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:41 amNot sure if it's the same guy. But let's hope he gets the help he needs either way.
Do you honestly believe that posting all this negative stuff about him will help him?

He obviously has mental health issues, but will broadcasting it help him?

On the one hand you post shit about him, and then you garnish it it with 'hope he gets help' tail-end tactic.

Do you enjoy doing stuff like this? Does it make you feel better about yourself?
You're the guy who has been clamoring for background checks for teachers. Do you think he belongs in a classroom in Cambodia? Also, I haven't even used his name. So anyone who googles his name will just find the newspaper articles and the arrest records and mugshot crazy ranting youtube videos and not see this thread. Do you think I have unfairly harmed him? How?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I love how gm implies in his heading that posting here has some connection with running off the rails in Cambodia.....Excellent!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:36 am I love how gm implies in his heading that posting here has some connection with running off the rails in Cambodia.....Excellent!
Oh come one, that was just a chronological listing of events, I wasn't implying causation.

Someone on FB says he has a major drug problem. It looks like his family is trying to get him home.

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Now the person who made the FB post asking for help for the dude is bashing the dude's mom on her own FB wall.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

sounds like he was rooted well before washing up in KOW,poor bugger
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Nice work Cam...again! You da man.

Now, maybe more people can try to help this poor guy.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic