I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

Post by that genius »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:17 amYou're the guy who has been clamoring for background checks for teachers. Do you think he belongs in a classroom in Cambodia? Also, I haven't even used his name. So anyone who googles his name will just find the newspaper articles and the arrest records and mugshot crazy ranting youtube videos and not see this thread. Do you think I have unfairly harmed him? How?
The issue is not about his suitability...read your own words, you never even raised that aspect of it.

But yes, I agree he should not be teaching when ill, but I also include him in my area of concern, as well as the kids. If he gets help and comes back well, I see no reason why he should not teach.

I've met a couple of trashbags here that are considered 'sane' by most who have been accused of every serious things, we should concentrate on those and rather try and help those who need it more.

You sensationalise other people's suffering, and then make it look like you care a fig by saying you hope he gets help soon.

It may be too subtle for some chimps to see what you did there, but most of us see it, and I for one think it's unnecessary.

If you really care, contact his friends.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: I think a CEO poster asked for advice here, moved to Cambodia, and went off the rails

Post by Brody »

that genius wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:33 am You sensationalize other people's suffering
That's Cam Nivag's raison d'être. This guys level of schadenfreude is something I would recommend he devote some time to with a therapist.

Though I have to admit, I like it better when there are the afflicted, down-and-out'ers, and poor-decision-makers for him to mock.

When it's a slow news day regarding western expat ne'er-do-wells...well, that's when he starts posting pictures of male septuagenarian pensioners on riverside with their shirts off.

No one wants that.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

lets hope he does get sorted and deported, the last thing this country need is some nutjob right wing deluded westboro christian spouting his hate. These anti abortion pricks who go out shouting "death penalty for abortionists" clearly miss the stupidity of what they are saying, and he claims to be a fucking christian.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

that genius wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:17 amYou're the guy who has been clamoring for background checks for teachers. Do you think he belongs in a classroom in Cambodia? Also, I haven't even used his name. So anyone who googles his name will just find the newspaper articles and the arrest records and mugshot crazy ranting youtube videos and not see this thread. Do you think I have unfairly harmed him? How?
The issue is not about his suitability...read your own words, you never even raised that aspect of it.

But yes, I agree he should not be teaching when ill, but I also include him in my area of concern, as well as the kids. If he gets help and comes back well, I see no reason why he should not teach.

I've met a couple of trashbags here that are considered 'sane' by most who have been accused of every serious things, we should concentrate on those and rather try and help those who need it more.

You sensationalise other people's suffering, and then make it look like you care a fig by saying you hope he gets help soon.

It may be too subtle for some chimps to see what you did there, but most of us see it, and I for one think it's unnecessary.

I don't get the hate. He was "named and shamed" in US publications for a lot less, just talking to others about Christianity, but he goes off the rails in Cambodia and we somehow shouldn't discuss it?

No way in hell I'd let him teach my kid, no matter what kind of treatment he received.

What the fuck is he talking about here?

Here's some good ramblings by him:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

that genius wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:33 am

I hate agreeing with the above, but... On the whole, I do.
Last edited by violet on Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
pauladams
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pauladams »

Hope he gets help.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 pmI don't get the hate.
There is no hate on my part. I'm not involved with him or gavinmac.

If you feel sorry for the guy, OK, humanity can be good, yes?.

If you despise him and want to feel better about yourself by mocking him online, OK.

Just don't dress up the mocking as trying to help, that's my only objection.

I think it's valid. :D
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:45 am Now the person who made the FB post asking for help for the dude is bashing the dude's mom on her own FB wall.

This never gets old.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

that genius wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:41 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:25 pmI don't get the hate.
There is no hate on my part. I'm not involved with him or gavinmac.

If you feel sorry for the guy, OK, humanity can be good, yes?.

If you despise him and want to feel better about yourself by mocking him online, OK.

Just don't dress up the mocking as trying to help, that's my only objection.

I think it's valid. :D

When did I ever claim to be trying to help him? I hope he gets help, but I'm not lifting a finger for him and never claimed to be. And I deliberately didn't mention his name in any googleable text, so that if he does get help and years from now a prospective employer googles his name, they won't see this.

This guy could be back on the streets of Cambodia tomorrow applying for teaching jobs, harassing people, trespassing on people's property, requesting accommodation he can't pay for, etc. Notifying the community of penniless fucktards and wackos is a high public service. Coddling, protecting, and concealing Western drug addicts who move to lawless Cambodia to "teach English" because they can't function in Western societies without repeatedly getting arrested doesn't do them or the Cambodians any favors.
pauladams
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pauladams »

Interesting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic