Even Extending Retirement EOS needs proof retirement

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Even Extending Retirement EOS needs proof retirement

Post by AndyKK »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:06 am The agent in KK told me retirement age was 60 last week....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
I don't doubt it! Somewhere in the posts on the forum, I seem to recall about the retirement age being different in areas of Cambodia, that is the agents whom are going to handle the expats extension visas, and it will cost you$320 in KK.
But also, it’s worth looking at “Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group” on Facebook.
On the site they have a nearly up to date Sub-Decree.

ER visa. The new retirement visa extension is meant for those of retirement age who can show documentation of retirement in their home country (such as a pension or Social Security) and prove that they have the funds to support themselves. Often, proof of savings is enough. ER visa extensions are usually only granted to those who are 55 and up, but some have reported being able to get one at a younger age.

http://www.movetocambodia.com/planning- ... dia-visas/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Who was it that recommended this lady Kim at Expat services.
I phoned and asked where her office is.
Answer,,, where are you. What do you want.
Reply,,, I would like to renew my visa.
Answer,,, Today we are closed.
Reply ,,,,And tomorrow ?
Answer ,, Tomorrow we are busy.

Forget it .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Maybe try not calling them during King's Birthday holidays?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:52 am Maybe try not calling them during King's Birthday holidays?

Do you think I would only get an answer to my question on a working day ?

Anyway ,just visited my local travel agent , who is open today, and asked them about retirement visa.

No documents required for age over 66 years, Price $290 ,, same as last year.

Last year I asked for ER but it came back as EB , saying they needed documents as proof of retirement
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I think Call Kim is mainly recommended for slightly trickier applications/circumstances, while you, being over 55 (and as you discovered) would not pose a problem with any regular agent.

As I'm under 55, I will try using an agent who has successfully got ERs for those under 55. A2Z told me they had got one, but that guy had a disability pension or something anyway so that doesn't help me, so I will ask how Lucky Lucky have fared in this area and, failing that, I'll try Kim. Otherwise I see a lot of tourist visas and border runs in my future.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm I think Call Kim is mainly recommended for slightly trickier applications/circumstances, while you, being over 55 (and as you discovered) would not pose a problem with any regular agent.

As I'm under 55, I will try using an agent who has successfully got ERs for those under 55. A2Z told me they had got one, but that guy had a disability pension or something anyway so that doesn't help me, so I will ask how Lucky Lucky have fared in this area and, failing that, I'll try Kim. Otherwise I see a lot of tourist visas and border runs in my future.
Border runs could get expensive, Thailand only allowed 2 visa exempt entries/calendar year than $50/entry, Vietnamese visa depends on nationality.
so a 2 month stay in Cambodia ( $30+45+$$) $100++ ..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:47 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm I think Call Kim is mainly recommended for slightly trickier applications/circumstances, while you, being over 55 (and as you discovered) would not pose a problem with any regular agent.

Border runs could get expensive, Thailand only allowed 2 visa exempt entries/calendar year than $50/entry, Vietnamese visa depends on nationality.
so a 2 month stay in Cambodia ( $30+45+$$) $100++ ..
That's why I am hoping I can blag my way into an ER. But if not, two tourist visa + extensions via Poipet border, sometimes AirAsia has a special to KL for just 500 BIG points so you pay only the taxes, otherwise PNH-DMK return is about $80 usually and I haven't been to BKK for years so wouldn't mind a visit. If I can't get an ER I'll only stay as long as it takes to offload a certain asset here, but the market sucks so that could be a while. My early retirement plans were going so well until they pulled this trick.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I sincerely hope that you guys realise that an expat leech is reading these posts and advising his Khmer buddies to close the loopholes.

Wtf? Literate scammers? That never happened before.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Duncan wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:10 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:52 am Maybe try not calling them during King's Birthday holidays?

Do you think I would only get an answer to my question on a working day ?

Anyway ,just visited my local travel agent , who is open today, and asked them about retirement visa.

No documents required for age over 66 years, Price $290 ,, same as last year.

Last year I asked for ER but it came back as EB , saying they needed documents as proof of retirement
And last year you were 65 only 10 years over the official retirement age here for a westerner to get his ER visa. :facepalm:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

Wanted to give you a brief update:
I was able to get the ER extended.
In the end, I was able to get proof of retirement from the country of my long-term residency. I also provided proof of this long-term residency and bank statements showing that indeed substantial money is coming in from abroad.

In general, agents seem to be worried to be blamed by customers if an application is being rejected, so they'd rather err on the side of caution. They may have a contact to ask, but that may be it.

So if agents feel they can't be of help, but you have a strong case, it may indeed be useful to go to the DOI with the docs and make your case.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic