Even Extending Retirement EOS needs proof retirement

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Even Extending Retirement EOS needs proof retirement

Post by taabarang »

Username Taken wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:18 pm Ask them if they will accept proof of $$$ in the bank.
And if so, how much?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

That's what I thought too - you ought to be able to show that you can sustain yourself without working to retire.

So the $$$ in the bank was what I was offering. I already went to the bank to have statements done.
According to Cina, they want the letters and don't care about the $$$.
Who knows, maybe it will be different again next year.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Do I need to ask my government for permission to retire? I would think not.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

tell em youre incapacitated/disabled retired :crazy: :downtown:
thru shit to more shit
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

yongchi wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:40 pm That's what I thought too - you ought to be able to show that you can sustain yourself without working to retire.

So the $$$ in the bank was what I was offering. I already went to the bank to have statements done.
According to Cina, they want the letters and don't care about the $$$.
Who knows, maybe it will be different again next year.
Maybe it will be different again next year?
I imagine that it probably will be so. There had been many changes so far on up to date on visa’s and their renewal. So alone on the subject of the retirement visa, firstly the age was a confusion with many of the agents around the country, and what, and if documents are required. And all this may differ depending on the nationality.
So official retirement age 55 years plus. Documentation required for applicants under this age and possibly of age first time applicants.
What documents? Proof of retirement for now, appropriate for the visa one is applying for.
According to the director of the General Department of Immigration, Major General Veasna, this ER Visa entails a minor change in requirements where foreign retirees will have to present documentation from their home country that will prove their financial stability and capacity to live overseas during the duration of their stay.
How much income do you have to show immigration to live here? there is no fixed answer but among the many expats their monthly budgets tend to range from as low as $5oo up to $2,500 or more, with many saying they can live comfortably for an average of $1,500. And with the retirement monies coming into the country is it liable for Cambodian tax? This may also be a double tax for some, due to tax at source. I don’t know if the country has an agreement with the UK for example. Thailand does have that agreement with the British government.
I have read and hear people saying $500 per month will be adequate for proof of stay! Let’s think most locals don’t have that type of income per month, but then again, we are not them. I also have been hearing rumours that new changers will require to show income of $2500 per month, combined monies in the bank and pension payments. Seems the country is going the same has Thailand, will it gain information from its neighbour on infrastructure on the new visa rules?
This kind of monies will be a bit out of reach for some I am sure! For an example - the basic State Pension in the UK is a value of £503.80 @$681.59 per month, and also then to do this legal, that is to get a letter of proof from the government to obtain a Cambodian ER visa, then the person applying would lose 25% of that income due to living overseas.
It also seems to me also due to how easily visas where obtained in the past, now people are looking for so many loopholes. But the country is getting harder for some to stay, and also advancing.
So again, the question you and I and so many ask! What of next year?
:facepalm:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

". I also have been hearing rumours that new changers will require to show income of $2500 per month, combined monies in the bank and pension payments."

And what or who are the sources of these rumors? What credibility do you feel they have that merits their mention here?
Last edited by taabarang on Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Isn’t $2500 the required rate in Thailand as well? In that case I am screwed in both countries. However I think that my Thai son entitles me to advantages in Thailand. Right Richard?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

willyhilly wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:43 pm Isn’t $2500 the required rate in Thailand as well? In that case I am screwed in both countries. However I think that my Thai son entitles me to advantages in Thailand. Right Richard?
65,000 baht/month, calculated from whatever currency you care to use. You have to show proof in the form of a notarized letter from your embassy. Alternatively, you have to deposit 800,000 baht in a Thai bank, 2 or more months before date of application. On renewals via extensions based on retirement, the seasoning period is 3 months.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

willyhilly wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 6:43 pm Isn’t $2500 the required rate in Thailand as well? In that case I am screwed in both countries. However I think that my Thai son entitles me to advantages in Thailand. Right Richard?
Thailand says ur retired at 50..
800,000 in the bank or income/pension of 65,000 baht/month, ( $2,065)
or a combo of both ( how i get mine).
With a kid under 18, u can get a non o visa an than a 1 year extension for reason of taking care of him, need 4-500,000 in the bank

IF ur American, we can get income verification letters ( for $50) and u can say whatever amount u wish on it, of course u swear its the truth, but they are ONLY verifying ur signature. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

taabarang wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 5:47 pm . I also have been hearing rumours that new changers will require to show income of $2500 per month, combined monies in the bank and pension payments.

And what or who are the sources of these rumors? What credibility do you feel they have that merits their mention here?
Rumours, rumours.
How much income do you have to show immigration to live here? there is no fixed answer
Nothing official about income AFAIK.
Hopefully, anyone who has something concrete about required income for ER EOS will post it here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic