Question for married german expats.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Question for married german expats.

Post by Freytag »

Gutenheute Leute.
Bin verheiratet nach deutschem Recht, ein Kind mit deutschem Pass. Muss heim ins Reich wegen einer Operation, weiss aber nicht wie lange der Aufenthalt wird. Frage: was für ein Visa brauche ich für meine Frau.?
Dieses neue elektronische Terminvergabe System an der Botschaft macht mich wahnsinnig.
Die nächsten 6 Wochen sind ausgebucht. Flugticket ist schon gekauft für Ende Mai. Wie soll das gehen?
Gibt's da keine Möglichkeit mehr an der Botschaft persönlich vorzusprechen? Im voraus danke.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Question for married german expats.

Post by Username Taken »

Freytag wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:46 pm Gutenheute Leute.
Bin verheiratet nach deutschem Recht, ein Kind mit deutschem Pass. Muss heim ins Reich wegen einer Operation, weiss aber nicht wie lange der Aufenthalt wird. Frage: was für ein Visa brauche ich für meine Frau.?
Dieses neue elektronische Terminvergabe System an der Botschaft macht mich wahnsinnig.
Die nächsten 6 Wochen sind ausgebucht. Flugticket ist schon gekauft für Ende Mai. Wie soll das gehen?
Gibt's da keine Möglichkeit mehr an der Botschaft persönlich vorzusprechen? Im voraus danke.
I think it's only fair that non-german speakers know what your talking about.

GT:
"Good people.
I am married under German law, a child with a German passport. Must go home to the Reich for an operation, but do not know how long the stay will be. Question: What kind of visa do I need for my wife?
This new electronic appointment system at the embassy drives me crazy.
The next 6 weeks are fully booked. Flight ticket is already bought for the end of May. How does that work?
Is there no possibility to speak to the embassy in person? Thanks in advance."
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Nein. Das ist 2018 und nicht 1998 mehr.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Viel Glück!
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Freytag »

Touristen Visa? Familienbesuch Visa? Familienzusammenführung Visa? Was geht am schnellsten?
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

Schengen visa. Sehr schnell
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Freytag »

Danke!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freytag wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:46 pm Gutenheute Leute.
Contact the German embassy by mail, there's an opportunity to contact them through their (Cambodian) website. They usually are pretty responsive. If your wife is the mother of your child they have the obligation to give her a single entry tourist visa (valid 90 days) for free if she presents the correct legal proof /documents.

And be fast. She needs to file her application 14 days before departure - maximum. If she comes later she will be denied.

You can also PM me for their e-mail address.
Freytag
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Freytag »

Dear Mr. Kammekor. Thanks for that info. I have already contacted them via there website and got an answer in about an hour.
Seems to be the best way to communicat with them now.

And to the smartass who mentioned its not 1998 anymore, I can tell you that 1 or 2 years ago I was sitting in the embassies waiting room making a new passport for my kid. So this new change is not that old.

Only thing I still need to know whether my wife needs an insurance for this free C visa type.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freytag wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 am Dear Mr. Kammekor. Thanks for that info. I have already contacted them via there website and got an answer in about an hour.
Seems to be the best way to communicat with them now.

And to the smartass who mentioned its not 1998 anymore, I can tell you that 1 or 2 years ago I was sitting in the embassies waiting room making a new passport for my kid. So this new change is not that old.

Only thing I still need to know whether my wife needs an insurance for this free C visa type.
No need for medical insurance according to the law, but highly recommended by the embassy. So if you want them to process this at lightning speed I recommend to buy it.....

Or just ask the embassy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic