Post Hole Digger

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Post Hole Digger

Post by taabarang »

Very much appreciated Stroppy. The wait will bring rain and somewhat soften an old man's hard work.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 pm Very much appreciated Stroppy. The wait will bring rain and somewhat soften an old man's hard work.
Isn't there a healthy, strong young man around your house? Just needs some supervising! Try the Tom Sawyer routine on him... nope, you can't do this, it's too much fun!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 pm
taabarang wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 pm Very much appreciated Stroppy. The wait will bring rain and somewhat soften an old man's hard work.
Isn't there a healthy, strong young man around your house? Just needs some supervising! Try the Tom Sawyer routine on him... nope, you can't do this, it's too much fun!
shame im not currently in country atm id of come and dun ye diggin' me ode :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:19 am
shame im not currently in country atm id of come and dun ye diggin' me ode :beer3:
and we all know there is only one kind digging that u do :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

A pleasant as well as a kind thought Jamie. However I envision us at the bottom of a hole half way to hell asking each other three questions.

1. How did we get here?
2. How do we get out? and
3. Ya got the fuckin bottle?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

taabarang wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:08 am
A pleasant as well as a kind thought Jamie. However I envision us at the bottom of a hole half way to hell asking each other three questions.

1. How did we get here?
2. How do we get out? and
3. Ya got the fuckin bottle?
I do agree with that, too easy to have a few beers here. :beer3:
Also, it’s difficult finding a good local worker in many ways. Getting the job done and so on. Gathering info at the time to hand dig half a meter hole was 3000riel. I bought one of these a few years ago for $120 will come with different bore tools. helps a lot and saves you back aching. I give it to the Khmer who worked with me after the job was done, hoping he would get more work, and he would not have to graft too hard digging by hand.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Yeah, Stroppy, as it happens I have a 15 year old strapping lad, who unfortunately has read Mark Twain. Not only that, but I come in a poor second on the chores list, preceded by gramps, who has promised him a moto. When you marry into a Khmer family, you not only marry the whole "f" ing family, you lose your hired help as well.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:04 pm
Yeah, Stroppy, as it happens I have a 15 year old strapping lad, who unfortunately has read Mark Twain. Not only that, but I come in a poor second on the chores list, preceded by gramps, who has promised him a moto. When you marry into a Khmer family, you not only marry the whole "f" ing family, you lose your hired help as well.
Heh heh heh! Damn that Mark Twain!
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

As I often say "There are no white picket fences in Cambodia.""
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:04 pm...
Taa, try Australian Factory Seconds on 016 753 078 / 011 541 505 / 097 303 2494 Google Maps reference https://goo.gl/maps/Wk9YsyePkos

Also try Home Top on 023 999 808, they had some but people don't know if they currently have them. They're on MTT Boulevard.

Obviously, call each before coming to the city to confirm availability. I'll also have a look in Russian Market next time I'm there, but I honestly don't think there's any there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic