Which hooker broke this guy's heart?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Which hooker broke this guy's heart?

Post by dron »

Judging by this rant, maybe it was one of the real black hearted hardcore working girls from Candy or Rose Bar. What you think?
The three most frequent words in Khmer language are NO! NO! NO! Means: no have, no can, no want, no care. That is truly Khmer! There is an equivalent gesture with the hand, turning it with the ankle to and fro a couple of times. I often see that already from 50m away, when Khmers see me coming and don't want any contact with a foreigner. Most of them are not exactly people who like to help, and xenophobia is clearly widespread.

Impudent and dull beyond imagination, there is usually an ambition for 'good business' (easy money) in the air. 'Farang pays, Khmer takes' is the basic attitude, and any fraud and cheat is good enough.
:lol:

Farang? Maybe it was a Thai hooker and he was just confused on his location? This guy is something.
Cambodians are mostly illiterates. There is no literature here, no culture, nothing. Cambodia is a mental desert. Signing a contract has to be done with a thumbprint.
:dm:
When being around in the countryside, many of the kids I see behave illmannered. The usual 'Hello, hello!' appears in many variations. 'Hello you!', 'Hello farang!', 'Hello money!' (shortform: 'Money!'), 'Hello pay!', 'What's your name?' and more. Also that: 'I want to fuck you!' (heared from eight years old boys). One afternoon, girls of about ten years old from Kampong Bey School in Kampot asked me repeatedly: 'Can I fuck you?'. They couldn't stop giggling and laughing. Drug abuse, by the way, is rampant also among the youngest.
:ROFL:

Come on, which one of you wrote this shit?

http://www.asienreisender.de/cambodianpeople.html
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Re: Which hooker broke this guy's heart?

Post by prettyvacant »

Most definitely a glass-half-empty kind of guy. And he has really put a lot of effort into funnelling all that bitterness into text. Fascinating reading.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

prettyvacant wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:10 am Most definitely a glass-half-empty kind of guy. And he has really put a lot of effort into funnelling all that bitterness into text. Fascinating reading.
Yeah, some see the glass half empty, some see the glass half full - and others see life through a dark glass. :shock:

Interesting reading, but I'm sorry for them really. That's a shit way of seeing life. IMO.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

You have to respect his organizational skills at least though. He broke his critique down into well defined sections LOL
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

dron wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:59 am You have to respect his organizational skills at least though. He broke his critique down into well defined sections LOL
Did you notice how he becomes more and more jaded as the dates progress?

Its clearly a good indication that khmer people are changing quickly and not in a good way.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Man, he's got a lot of grievances
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

dron wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:59 am You have to respect his organizational skills at least though. He broke his critique down into well defined sections LOL
His organisation is so-so, but his usage sucks.

'When being around in the countryside, many of the kids I see behave illmannered..'
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

khmers are illiterate? thats what i call selective perception, most khmers i know, know at least the basics of reading and writing in khmer, the teachers may not know chemistry or physics, but they do know khmer language and they stick to teaching khmer language religiously
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

When I came here in 2004, the literacy rate was 55%. It is now over 60%. People shouldn't make uninformed statements.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Gilmore wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:09 am When I came here in 2004, the literacy rate was 55%. It is now over 60%. People shouldn't make uninformed statements.

A statement made by a '' informed person'' ?.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic