Best place for Chinese food?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
ricanguy
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Best place for Chinese food?

Post by ricanguy »

So before coming to good ole Phnom Penh I lived in China, and im jonesin for some good Chinese food? Any recommendations guys?
Life's simple you make choices and you don't look back.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Best place for Chinese food?

Post by bolueeleh »

best cantonese food i ever had in pp is in almond hotel, next to aeon mall
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Lots of big Chinese seafood restaurants on monivong between 260 and Sihanouk, but never tried them.

I like Yi Xian, also on monivong. They've been there about 20 years, so it looks a little tired and there's often chinese bus loads in there.

Also a few good cheap Sichuan restaurants and a Chinese minimart on 136 near Monivong for hard to find ingredients and boxes of Tsing Tao.
ricanguy
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by ricanguy »

epidemiks wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm Lots of big Chinese seafood restaurants on monivong between 260 and Sihanouk, but never tried them.

I like Yi Xian, also on monivong. They've been there about 20 years, so it looks a little tired and there's often chinese bus loads in there.

Also a few good cheap Sichuan restaurants and a Chinese minimart on 136 near Monivong for hard to find ingredients and boxes of Tsing Tao.
The one that i usually go to is on monivong as well i believe its just called noodle shop could be wrong though
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

ricanguy wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm Lots of big Chinese seafood restaurants on monivong between 260 and Sihanouk, but never tried them.

The one that i usually go to is on monivong as well i believe its just called noodle shop could be wrong though
Noodle House maybe. There's two, one near 310 and the other further north. Both run by the same people. Opposite side of the road is where the bigger places are. Yi Xian south of 360 on noodle house side.
ricanguy
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by ricanguy »

epidemiks wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:47 pm
ricanguy wrote:

Noodle House maybe. There's two, one near 310 and the other further north. Both run by the same people. Opposite side of the road is where the bigger places are. Yi Xian south of 360 on noodle house side.
Hmmm deff gotta check out Yi Xian, its not like those sea food places is it?
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Yi Sang at Almond Hotel used to be excellent, but the last time we went, it wasn't very good. Anyone been recently?
https://www.almondhotel.com.kh/en/dining
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

ricanguy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 pm
ricanguy wrote:

Don't think so, but I haven't been to most of the others. Yi Xian's good for claypot eggplant, xiao long bao, chive pancakes, chongqing chicken (though never enough sichuan pepper), mapo tofu and Snow or Tsing Taos. :good:
ricanguy
Expatriate
Puerto Rico

Post by ricanguy »

epidemiks wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:57 pm
ricanguy wrote:

Don't think so, but I haven't been to most of the others. Yi Xian's good for claypot eggplant, xiao long bao, chive pancakes, chongqing chicken (though never enough sichuan pepper), mapo tofu and Snow or Tsing Taos. :good:
Haha good ole snow beers man pretty much water, but im really craving hong xiao rou and Bing and the breakfast sandwich with bacon and egg...
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

ricanguy wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:57 pm
ricanguy wrote:
Haha good ole snow beers man pretty much water, but im really craving hong xiao rou and Bing and the breakfast sandwich with bacon and egg...
Chinese beer is only 2—3% in China. The export stuff is 5%

I only spent 5 weeks in China, but after a month of snow, Tsing Tao and yellow rivers, I found a place in Dali that had Lao dark. A couple of them put me in my arse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic