British expat, STEPHEN DOUGLAS LANDON, dies in Koh Kong aged 70.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: British expat, STEPHEN DOUGLAS LANDON, dies in Koh Kong aged 70.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ill never make 70 but if i did, id class it as an achievement
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:57 pm ill never make 70 but if i did, id class it as an achievement
Don't worry you will! As my father said when I was young, and looked at him, "Don't laugh, you will be old someday, if you're lucky" He survived Dunkirk and the battle of Kohima, he knew what he was talking about! :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:11 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:57 pm ill never make 70 but if i did, id class it as an achievement
Don't worry you will! As my father said when I was young, and looked at him, "Don't laugh, you will be old someday, if you're lucky" He survived Dunkirk and the battle of Kohima, he knew what he was talking about! :thumb:
i think the long term effects of binge drinking and boxing will end up catching me up sooner rather than later :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

If he bled to death he probably has liver disease like me. Caused by Hep B and excessive alcohol. The liver and oesphogus develop varices which are like varicose veins. If one bursts you are dead very quickly.
The best thing I can leave our kids is a good education, good health and good teeth and Australian citizenship. However with the state of this country now I think we’ll educated Khmers may have a better future in the Kingdom. I see the kids now losing their Khmer traits and becoming hard working and organised. They never have a day off school and are never late.
The little one had a chronic cough at night that took months to disappear. And they hate even one fly in the house.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

phuketrichard wrote:
dron wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:32 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:23 pm
dron wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:53 pm Some true deathpats on this thread. 70 is the age to go? According to who?

I have a lot of relatives living happy and fulfilled lives in their 70's, 80's and even 90's! They're enjoying their golden years, doing things they always wanted to do, spending time with family and grand kids. People die in their 50's in Cambodia because they have no money or access to proper healthcare and the place is generally a fucking mess. That doesn't make it "normal" or "natural".

Life expectancy in developed countries is in the 80's. It's 82 in the UK. So this guy died 11 years before the norm. Doesn't sound alright to me.

I hope to live long into my 80's. I have yet to sow my oats!
"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt”
That quote is from a fucking junkie. Is that what you aspire to? Then start shooting up now my man! Or take a trip off of the Chroy Chongva Bridge. Why wait?
Thompson was many things, but a junkie he was not, lived next to him for 3 years
Really? Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....The best thing I can leave our kids is a good
education ;Done that (and i might add street smarts which many Americans dont have)
Good health; unfortunately, she has been sick more in 5 years in America than she was sick in 18 years in Thailand, Drs tell er she did not build up resistance to American germs...
Good teeth ; Yep
American citizenship; But do remind her with the state of things, to keep her thai passport

Also gave her a desire to learn, succeed and never give up or compromise yourself
:beer3:
as an added bonus; a healthy bank account
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:56 am ....The best thing I can leave our kids is a good
education ;Done that (and i might add street smarts which many Americans dont have)
Good health; unfortunately, she has been sick more in 5 years in America than she was sick in 18 years in Thailand, Drs tell er she did not build up resistance to American germs...
Good teeth ; Yep
American citizenship; But do remind her with the state of things, to keep her thai passport

Also gave her a desire to learn, succeed and never give up or compromise yourself
:beer3:
as an added bonus; a healthy bank account

Something that is sadly lacking in Cambodia.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

willyhilly wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:13 am If he bled to death he probably has liver disease like me. Caused by Hep B and excessive alcohol. The liver and oesphogus develop varices which are like varicose veins. If one bursts you are dead very quickly.
No! Unfortunately, he had cancer and was unable to eat for the last 2 months.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

AmericanSteve wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 am I'm 57 and just had a son with a much younger Chinese woman and I've thought about this.

In my opinion, unless you have a fortune to leave them, it all depends on the mom. My wife is competent and hard working. She has lots of family and friends. If I die before my sons 18th birthday, she'll figure it out. After 18, he needs to figure it out.

He should thank me for his life and his membership in the ruling empire.
Did not know you were Chinese.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

OKW wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:45 pm
AmericanSteve wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:11 am He should thank me for his life and his membership in the ruling empire.
Did not know you were Chinese.
Oh, well played, Sir! :hattip: :bow:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic