Is the dream dead?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is the dream dead?

Post by Beerinthemorning »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:54 am but most men's trash is just trash
Well who dont visit girlie bars, drink booze every other day and pick up khmer women in KoW
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

The dream is never dead, it’s the reality you’ve got to work on.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Thailand sucks. Has going back at least 10 years. Greenback is going far in Phils now. One dollar buys you 51 pesos, up from 40 a few years ago. Plus you can get a lot of tail there for free, and why else would anyone else come to Southeast Asia and put up with all the shit here if it wasn't for the punani? The negative is that the Philippines is even worse than Thailand.

Pro tip: don't live in a country where shopping malls have metal detectors at the doors. It's a sure sign of a shit locale.

Not bad for a long stop over with a short filly though!
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

dron wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 pmPro tip: don't live in a country where shopping malls have metal detectors at the doors. It's a sure sign of a shit locale.
What countries don't have them?
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Cambodia, America *outside of the ghettos, Canada, Iceland, Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, China, Japan, Korea, Czech Republic, Dubai, Qatar, UAE, and probably a bunch more.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I never saw SE Asia as a dreamland, I always saw it as more of a negotiated nightmare.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Have you ever been to a shopping mall?
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phils is OK but i prefer the thais mentality
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

dron wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 pm Thailand sucks. Has going back at least 10 years. Greenback is going far in Phils now. One dollar buys you 51 pesos, up from 40 a few years ago. Plus you can get a lot of tail there for free, and why else would anyone else come to Southeast Asia and put up with all the shit here if it wasn't for the punani? The negative is that the Philippines is even worse than Thailand.

Pro tip: don't live in a country where shopping malls have metal detectors at the doors. It's a sure sign of a shit locale.

Not bad for a long stop over with a short filly though!
Philipinos are always expecting westerners to be well off but thais are adjusted to middle /low incone westerners.

Lot of the times i felt thais well take in a westerner for there company.
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:32 pm Is the dream of SEA dead?

Western currency is decreasing by up to 33% in value vs the thai baht (aud).

Visas are getting tougher.

Beers prices are going through the roof 100 baht is normal in pattaya and phuket in 2018

Thats nearly 5$ aud.

In KoW prices went up hill, i mean seriously 5 $ lady drinks is a joke, thats like paying 200$ for a beer in Australia.

Its becoming a joke.
I just heard from a friend who was told he can't enter Malaysia any more. Never heard of them being strict on tourist entries.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic