tourist visa to business visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
prince.peter
Tourist
United States of America

tourist visa to business visa

Post by prince.peter »

Can one change his tourist visa entry to business visa with out sending him back to his Country by paying off his over stay and having a licenced business and maybe having a CAMBODIA woman as his wife properly married.

Please I need a sincere answer.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: tourist visa to business visa

Post by Username Taken »

Sincerely, no.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Sincerely yes.
Don't hafta go back to your home country, just hafta go somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

1.Pay off the overstay charge. How many days? If you don't do this, you'll need a new passport, and even that might not work anymore.
2.Get a visa for Vietnam (agent or embassy. ~$65), or make sure you can get a 2 wk free one at the land border (depends on your nationality, and if the viets still offer).
3.Take a bus to HCMC. $12 each way with Mekong Express (their busses have toilets. The vans don't.)
4. Spend 1 night in a cheap hotel in Pham Ngu Lao, near the bus stop/office. $7-$25. I usually spend no more than $15.
5. Come back to PP the next morning.
6. When you are at the Bavet border crossing, make sure you get the more expensive ORDINARY Cambodian visa. Check it before you leave the counter.
7. After you're back in PP, find out what EOS you are eligible for, and start the process. Don't delay!

This is the cheapest way that I know how to do what you want. You don't have to go back to your country, you just have to leave Cambodia, then come back. I am also assuming that your overstay won't get you "blacklisted." I think paying the $10/day keeps you in good graces, but everything changes always.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

1st pay off overstay @10/day<
2nd leave Cambodia for Thailand,( if western passport no visa needed, visa exempt entry for30days FREE or Vietnam, ( by air or road)
3rd come back and ask for an ordinary visa.

"maybe having a CAMBODIA woman as his wife properly married." ???
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

1. You can't change from Tourist visa to Business visa. You will need to hop over the border, then come back and get an Ordinary visa (sorry if that is not the correct name for the visa).
2. You can't open a licenced business on a Tourist visa. You will need an Ordinary visa, then upgrade to Business visa when you get the business licence.
3. Your one month tourist visa will most likely not be enough time to arrange a proper wedding with the correct/necessary documentation. Also, as the law currently stands (today), being married means nothing with regards to visas.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Username Taken wrote:1. You can't change from Tourist visa to Business visa. You will need to hop over the border, then come back and get an Ordinary visa (sorry if that is not the correct name for the visa).
Technically you can, but you have to be in the right place at the right time and know the right people.
I wouldn’t count on being able to do it though. I did it once through a contact at the MoFA - I wasn’t expecting success all the way through the process and even when I had the passport and EOS back in my hand I still couldn’t quite believe it.
Border run is the normal (99.99%) process.
prince.peter
Tourist
United States of America

Post by prince.peter »

Thanks for your reply, but do I have to meet the immigration Of CAMBODIA to pay off the overstay? How can I get this contact to who will be able to help with 100% assurance without failure?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

prince.peter wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:38 pm Thanks for your reply, but do I have to meet the immigration Of CAMBODIA to pay off the overstay? How can I get this contact to who will be able to help with 100% assurance without failure?
How long did you overstay?

Few days? Then just pay at the airport.
Extensive. You better visit the DoI opposite the airport by yourself, maybe with a friend able to speaker Khmer to ease things up.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

make sure ur leaving the day u pay the overstay..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic