Scary, hot new drug called ‘spirit molecule’

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Scary, hot new drug called ‘spirit molecule’

Post by kocdim »

WASHINGTON – It’s one of the most popular new hallucinogenic drugs being smoked by young people around the world, with many users reporting “spiritual encounters” with entities that sound a lot like demons.

And now, Johns Hopkins University is studying the alarming effects of DMT, or Dimethyltryptamine, asking volunteers who have taken the drug about encounters they may have had with “seemingly autonomous beings or entities.”

One researcher characterized DMT as a “spirit molecule.”

So bizarre are the effects that users have described crossing into another world and seeing “machine elves,” aliens or cartoon cats. One woman reported being swarmed by apparently alive Slinky toys.

The research team is headed by Roland Griffiths, a behavioral biologist with a history of studying psychedelic substances that produce “mystical-type and near-death experiences.”

DMT is a “tryptamine” molecule that occurs naturally in many plants and animals but has been synthesized since the 1930s. Users often smoke the substance and report almost immediate hallucinogenic effects. .....

http://mobile.wnd.com/2018/04/scary-hot ... 48O08Wz.99

One regular user, Terence McKenna, had this to say about the experience: “What arrests my attention is the fact that this space is inhabited. You break into this space and are immediately swarmed by squeaking, self-transforming elf-machines … made of light and grammar and sound that come chirping and squealing and tumbling toward you.”

Others have described interactions with non-human beings, describing them as “jokers,” clowns, aliens or “helpers.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2018/04/scary-hot ... boD4Iqx.99
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Scary, hot new drug called ‘spirit molecule’

Post by Felgerkarb »

This stuff has been around a while. Trips last about 20 minutes and then over.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

DMT is fucking weird, other hallucinogens at least take place in the world you inhabit. I personally would liken it to reality suddenly becoming a stained-glass window.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

I'll stick with cheesing. Readily available around any wat. And the Major Boobage!
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Reality is insane enough, thank you.
atkins, k
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by atkins, k »

so where can I get some?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

kocdim wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 am It’s one of the most popular new hallucinogenic drugs...
DMT is a “tryptamine” molecule that occurs naturally in many plants and animals but has been synthesized since the 1930s.
Not sure why they are calling it "new". It was around in London 20 years ago but was always difficult to come by, it was around £200 a gram but a hit was only 1/10 of a gram or less. It is synthesized from two plants, these two plants can vary wildly from place to place but can be found in pretty much any region.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Stramash23
Expatriate

Post by Stramash23 »

90 year old drug = new?

It's also added to ayahuasca brews iirc.

Scary but fun.
Too weird to live, too rare to die
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 am DMT is fucking weird, other hallucinogens at least take place in the world you inhabit. I personally would liken it to reality suddenly becoming a stained-glass window.
you sound like a veteran user
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic